Evening shop shots... cutting boards in progress

Ned Bulken

The holly-daze are coming up, by my count about 93 days or so... and I wanted something 'easy' to do... so I started in by dressing up a 7' 5/4 cherry board into this:

cherry stock.jpg

several 'shorts' also got in the mix, including a SOLID chunk of twisty maple.. no pics of that by itself, but I think I'm going to make a mostly maple end grain board out of it, depends on how it does after I glue it up tomorrow.

chocolate cherry .jpgchocolate raw.jpgcupped.jpgcherry rough.jpgpretty cherry.jpg

wrapped up around 9pm with this little pile of stock waiting to be planed to thickness. they've been jointed on adjacent sides at this point

I also oiled up one of the boxes I started last weekend. Maple box with Chocolate top.
OTL_0400.jpgmaple walnut finish 1.jpgcutting board pieces.jpgshavings bw.jpg

lotsa wood.jpgboard 1.jpgboard 2.jpgboard 3.jpgnew push stick.jpgtwo boxes.jpgsplenda box2.jpgdice box.jpg

Thanks Jim,
Lumber I've got... boy do I ever!

there's the current working pile, planed and sorted...

three boards worth, plus at least 2 more yet to be cut to length... and a new push stick for ripping/jointing duties... and a couple of the small boxes I've been working on.

made some progress on the cutting boards, as you can see I'm in no particular rush on these... especially after the kickback on Saturday. *sigh* that being said, I decided to get back on the horse. SO:

some photos of the boards in progress, a view of my 'new' lumber rack (screwed a couple of cross pieces to my sheet goods rack), plus a new angle on my venerable 3612.

boards in progress.jpgboards planed.jpgfrisbee.jpglumber overhead.jpgworking side.jpg