Old geezers will enjoy this!

Seems just like yesterday :)

Great times, Madly in love with Annette, three on the tree, 4 foul balls and you're out, chasing the milk man to steal ice from his truck on a hot summer day, baseball cards on the spokes of your bike......lot's of great memories :)

ok bob, sounds like your the old gezzer here so why in the first two or three dance clips where there so many gals and very few guys? was that during war time and the guys there were the ones that didnt go because of family power or health issues? they looked healty.. and that old car with the storable hood was there a trunk or just a storage aere for the top?

i remember the s&h green stamps because at the store our dad managed, they had 2 dials, one for whole dollars, the other in 10 cent increments, and they dialed your total purchase to get the right amount of stamps. other than that, i'm too young to remember any of the other stuff.....:D

ok bob, sounds like your the old gezzer here so why in the first two or three dance clips where there so many gals and very few guys? was that during war time and the guys there were the ones that didnt go because of family power or health issues? they looked healty.. and that old car with the storable hood was there a trunk or just a storage aere for the top?

Not war time Larry, I'm only 63 :rofl: Girls always danced with each other:dunno: Usually most of the boys were too shy to ask the girls to dance. Or were out back sneaking a cigarette or beer:D

First car I ever had was a 1949 ford. It was about 15 years old, ugly, beat up, and burnt oil like crazy but I thought it was a Rolls Royce:D

I remember seeing the convertible. Not sure if there was trunk room left or not.

Pretty much all of the music in that video predates when I acquired a taste for music. I've heard it all my life, but it's never really rung my bell.

... and that old car with the storable hood was there a trunk or just a storage aere for the top?

My aunt and uncle had one of those Ford convertible hardtops. I was too young at the time to remember, but I've been told the trunk space was pretty limited with the top stowed.

Someone who works in the same building as I do has a modern Mercedes with the convertible hard top. I know it'll at least fit a laptop in a case, because I've seen it done.

Jeepers, Most of that stuff occurred while I was in middle age.

The first home TV that I saw belonged to the Stage Manager of the H.S. auditorium. It had a whoppin 3 inch, round picture screen. A few years later they came out with a 7 inch screen. It looked huge. Our first TV (1950) had a 12 inch screen; it was still black and white. There were a few color TVs at that time. They were extremely unreliable. The more upscale stores had the new TVs delivered to their employees to use for a month before they were sold to a regular customer. That way the store did not have an unhappy customer---the breakdowns happened in the employees house instead of the customer's.

The film brought back many happy memories. THANKS for sharing.

Enjoy,

JimB

Well I guess I am old enough to remember and appreciate most of that clip. They were great times - before cell phones, and the non-stop texting our youth waste their time doing. But that is just a geezer talking...