Not a joke. I wish it was.

Frank Fusco

I was about to put something on this shelf in my shop and saw this.
Not sure how I will get it out. If outside I would just shoot it. It hasn't moved in half an hour but that doesn't mean much, I'm not taking a chance. Joys of living in the country.

copperhead.jpg

Do you know what kind he is Frank?

From the file name, it looks like a copperhead. :eek:

For me, it'd be pistol and putty time. The pistol for the snake and the putty to patch the hole. (Pistol-fired shot shells would be just the ticket, but if I didn't have those handy, I'd make do with whatever ammo I had.)

its a copper head brent and they arent good friends i will agree on eliminating it frank so i knew where it went.,,. they are somewhat agressive not like a cotton mouth but more so than a ratler..

From the file name, it looks like a copperhead. :eek:

For me, it'd be pistol and putty time. The pistol for the snake and the putty to patch the hole. (Pistol-fired shot shells would be just the ticket, but if I didn't have those handy, I'd make do with whatever ammo I had.)

Yeppers, copperhead. Now is a ded snake. We are sitting our daughter's dogs and they sleep in the shop. That could have had traumatic consequences.
I dispatched it with my Ruger Single-Six using .22WMR shot shells. That combo has accounted for many-many snakes and small critters over the years.

Glad you got him taken care of, Frank! He sure has a purty color. Skin him, salt the skin, roll it up in news paper and offer it to one of the casters on IAP for postage.

Never seen a copperhead close up. I can see why they go the name.

My little .410 I use on rattlers would leave a pretty good hole in the wall in that situation. :huh:

.22 sounds just about right.

Good solution to the issue :thumb:

Glad you got him taken care of, Frank! He sure has a purty color. Skin him, salt the skin, roll it up in news paper and offer it to one of the casters on IAP for postage.

Thought about that, Billy. But I just wanted the event over with. I wasn't as upset seeing a snake as I was thinking about how my daughter would feel if it had gotten one of her little doggies.

Im glad I never found a snake in my garage shop.
first of all, I hate snakes.
second of all, even if I went outside with my ak47, my wife would make me burn down the garage, she would rather see me lose my shop than deal with a snake, dead or alive.

maybe the thread title should be similar to neds thread, never know what youll find in your shop.
this is a reason I dont do full cleanups all the time, dont know what might jump out at me from under the wood pile.
if they are comfy down there, and dont bother me when Im in there, as long as I dont see them Im ok with it.

maybe the thread title should be similar to neds thread, never know what youll find in your shop.
this is a reason I dont do full cleanups all the time, dont know what might jump out at me from under the wood pile.
if they are comfy down there, and dont bother me when Im in there, as long as I dont see them Im ok with it.

Irony is, he wasn't under anything. Just laying on a shelf in the open about 4 1/2 feet off the ground.

Irony is, he wasn't under anything. Just laying on a shelf in the open about 4 1/2 feet off the ground.

gotta be honest here, if I walked into my shop and saw that thing, Im pretty sure I would have freaked out totally.
Im not a wuss, but snakes, I just cant seem to get used to them, even when they are in a cage.

walls, holes,wouldnt have cared , I would have taken my 12 gauge and dealt with the nassau county police for discharging a weapon.

and Im about 75% sure, my wife would have suggested we sell this house and move.

gotta be honest here, if I walked into my shop and saw that thing, Im pretty sure I would have freaked out totally.
Im not a wuss, but snakes, I just cant seem to get used to them, even when they are in a cage.

walls, holes,wouldnt have cared , I would have taken my 12 gauge and dealt with the nassau county police for discharging a weapon.

and Im about 75% sure, my wife would have suggested we sell this house and move.

I won't say I am "used" to them. That is what pistols are for.

yuppers frank i know what you mean i have trampled alot Territory after critters or fish and it makes sense to know what is next to you or can be.. those that dont are the ones that get hurt more often than not..glad you used yours..your not very tall and at 4ft off the ground would made for a short trip to the ticker..