Brown was here!

Ned Bulken

I pulled the trigger on this... I had a 20% off coupon off one item at Rockler. I've been thinking about it for quite some time, the 'whole' system was also on sale, but I decided I only needed the floor nozzle. Technically just a 4" pvc pipe with a handle (swappable for other nozzles etc...) and a nozzle for the far end, which has a grate in it to keep the larger chunks out of the impellers of the DC. I"ve been using my DC as a 'shop vac' since the move back in, and I'm mostly keeping ahead of the dust and chips, this should make it a bit easier.

Attachments

• brown here.jpg
    brown here.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 120
  • floor sweep.jpg
    floor sweep.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 108
Looks handy, Ned. I've had my eye on those too, since I also use my DC to pick up a lot of junk around my lathe.

I have the handle, I use it for the quick attachment rockler sells. I have all my tools hooked up with the quick thing.
I also have that expandable hose, from 3 to 21 feet, which I absolutely love. Id recommend the hose with it also.
I keep meaning to order the handle, as Im always bending down using the handle as a vacuum to pick up chips, just never remember to order it.
I have a package coming tomorrow from rockler, got those 35mm door hanging brackets, with a bunch of plugs.

I have the handle, I use it for the quick attachment rockler sells. I have all my tools hooked up with the quick thing.
I also have that expandable hose, from 3 to 21 feet, which I absolutely love. Id recommend the hose with it also.
I keep meaning to order the handle, as Im always bending down using the handle as a vacuum to pick up chips, just never remember to order it.
I have a package coming tomorrow from rockler, got those 35mm door hanging brackets, with a bunch of plugs.

I use the same set up and works great in my little shop. Be nice to have everything piped in to a dust collector, but I can.t so this is the second best option in my opinion.

I honestly was going to build my own, but figured why bother, they've done the 'engineering'... and I've got better things to do than to chase down parts... this way It is plug and play... I have a spring clip on my 'planer' hose, since that is only hooked to the DC on occasion... and that longer hose is what I use to do my 'vacuum' work... this saves me a bunch of bending.

The rest of my order from Rockler arrived today:

irwins at work.jpgirwins 2.jpgtoggle clamps.jpgclamps hanging.jpg

The clamps are Hefty, and while I can see where some of the concern is that they can be a bit 'fussy', I was easily able to get them to hold well with just a short re-adjustment on each of them. For the price, they'll serve well in my shop for many years. Now I have 6 parallel jaw clamps, these plus a pair of 48" Bessey k-bodies.

Technically just a 4" pvc pipe with a handle (swappable for other nozzles etc...) and a nozzle for the far end, which has a grate in it to keep the larger chunks out of the impellers of the DC.
I had a hefty jointer session today, and I slapped this on to vacuum up the trimmings... sort of. I either need to get the 'nozzle' off of the end when I use it to pick up jointer poo, or I need to do some surgery and remove the grate from the nozzle... I kept having to clear shavings out of it. Still a lot easier than pushing a broom and so forth, but it could be 'better'.

I'm curious as to why you don't just hook the DC to your jointer and skip the in between step? :dunno: Collecting at the source is what protects your health ;).

I had to cut the "plus" out of my DC because of that same problem with the plainer shavings Ned. It was constantly clogging!

I also cut out the cross from the inlet on my Harbor Freight DC. I have no regrets, but have since learned that an empty Coke can makes quite a racket when it hits the impeller. :D