Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well its Friday again:)

Well its Friday again:)

dont know what you all have going but i got a work sheet a mile long,, and hope to get some of it done before next wed when the conquistador arrives here to start our festivities for next week
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Over to BIL's house tonight to sit on the porch and sip some of the good stuff. Early tomorrow a long bike ride under the remaining blue moon...then 4-5hrs in the shop assembling and rubbing oil on maple and then a nap. Dinner out with the LOML Saturday. Sunday will be rubbing more oil on maple and then a cookout at the MIL's with the whole family. Monday relaxing and delivering some finish projects. Suppose to cool off too!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    dont know what you all have going but i got a work sheet a mile long,, and hope to get some of it done before next wed when the conquistador arrives here to start our festivities for next week
    I am right with ya on that front, lots to prepare but SO worth it

Wedding on Saturday and packing the van with Jake's things Saturday evening. Leaving early Sunday morning.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Doing some garage saling this morning. Picked up a 1935 Singer sewing machine for the wife (Got her a 1938 model a few weeks ago, too), and a couple other small items. No tools this week, though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0899.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	70067 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0889.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	70068
    Last edited by Jim DeLaney; 08-31-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    Doing some garage saling this morning. Picked up a 1935 Singer sewing machine for the wife (Got her a 1938 model a few weeks ago, too), and a couple other small items. No tools this week, though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0899.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	70067 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0889.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	70068
    boy you sure made some points jim.. that should be good for another 25 or so planes or the equivalent
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    boy you sure made some points jim.. that should be good for another 25 or so planes or the equivalent
    If he buys enough singer's to match his number of planes he's gonna need another shed for sure! My mom still uses my grandmas from the 30s as well. Just stiched up couple of things for me acutally.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

I've got 3 big things on my punch list this weekend:
    Finish gluing up and then planing down as many cutting boards as I can get out of what I've got 'ready' to go. (there's more planed, but not cut to length for glue ups yet). Finish cutting and then assemble the jake's chairs and get them off of my workbench. and rebuild my shop doorway and door.
    -Ned

Date night tonight with my wife. Saturday and Sunday, I'm hoping to get the concrete board up around the tub this weekend and maybe get some tile going up, still need to grab a couple of 2x4's to finish out the large niche. Monday my Nephew and I may be heading down to a friends house to shoot trap and such. I haven't shot trap in 20 years, so should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    That is a nice one, I used to have one about like it. Those direct drive ones are hard to find too.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Actually, I am packing for a vacation, some of which will be in Michigan, visiting a few ol' galoots some of you might know.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed