Dave's lessons Paid off

larry merlau

this isnt flat work and its not turning either its a finishing project in more ways than one.. a lady dropped off this old rocker that was about ready to fall apart at the seams,, i really hadnt asked for this but now days any tid bit helps.. so we said yes..

before pics:back leg repair.jpgbottom support.jpgdog chewing.jpgloose spindles.jpg

after pics:back leg-FIXED.jpgbottom-FIXED.jpgchewing-FIXED.jpgspindles-FIXED 2.jpg

So after sanding and cleaning, then glueing and clamping, then spraying a barrier coat and coloring to match old finish we got this ole relic back in working order for another decade:) watching what dave can do with toner and mixing color, it paid off in this repair job for a nice lady..
frnt-FIXED.jpg

we put in screws in many places that had loose nails, her hubby is a big guy and she was concerned it would fold up on him and when i got it , looked like it almost had.

That just has to be one of those jobs that is deep down feels good type of thing. Good job!

funny you bring that up jonathan,, if i did this everyday i am sure i wouldnt have thought about it like that but for this lady i did.. the more i done to it, the more i wanted to.. and then when it was done i pushed it to see how long it would rock.. it was just a factory made rocker but i am sure it had alot of stories it could tell:)