great product for spraying

allen levine

although I know its best to lay things flat to spray, , these door holders from rockler are fabulous.
I dont have the room to lay out 10 doors and a bunch of drawer fronts when I spray.
with these holders, and the plugs to cover the other hinge holes, I can hang up as many as I need too, space is no problem, hanging them from a pipe I use for clamping, or just hanging them on the garage door track to dry.
You put them into the hinge cup hole, (35mm), and twist them, and they lock in.
for me, super convenient, a long term investment, worth the money.

(I use a chain so I can adjust the doors to hang at any height according to the size of the door and where I want it positioned in front of me.)

Attachments

• kitchen reface 118 (Medium).jpg
    kitchen reface 118 (Medium).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 47
  • kitchen reface 119 (Medium).jpg
    kitchen reface 119 (Medium).jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 43
Thats how I spray doors and drawer fronts Allen. Never did understand the laying it flat deal and having to handle the door twice plus the chance of dust and overspray getting on them. We used to use the heavy wire coat hangers and screw eyes.

I dont hang the drawer fronts. there is another set of hooks that you can attach through the screw hole I believe, but for the drawer fronts, I have enough table space when Im done spraying the doors I have them on pinboards
I had put a dowel through the screw holes but I still had to hang them somewhere, so I just leave the drawer fronts on the pins

oh wait a second, youre asking mr b that question, arent you.

You got it Larry. Just put the screws towards the bottom of the drawer fronts. I made a jig to make my wire hangers all consistent in length. They are made from tie wire like what is used to tie rebar.