International bacon day.

Ryan Mooney

Staff member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Bacon_Day is TOMORROW :thumb:! Why is this not in the news instead of all the other useless drivel :huh:?

A few years back loml made a savory bacon cheesecake from some of my homemade beef bacon (very intensely flavored) (Parmesan crust and bacon+roasted garlic+roasted red pepper cheesecake filling) for a cheesecake contest. My lemony lemon curd topped cheesecake still won, but she was robbed :rofl:

Well, Howdy Doody, I'ma gonna make a lot of bacon tomorrow! Thanks for the reminder!

Actually, we just got a new freezer and are doing an inventory right now of what we've got while putting it in, and found a pack of bacon that lost it's seal. So It's going to be time for making some bacon wrapped Jalapenos, bacon waffles, and BLT's....

Bacon hash browns for breakfast.

Cook up a few pieces of bacon until crispy.
While bacon is cooking shred enough potato for breakfast (between me and loml we use about 3 medium).
Lift out of grease - leave a good layer of grease in the pan to cook the spud.
Crunch into bits (or pre-cut and then cook which is what I prefer).
Mix the cooked bacon bits into the shredded potatoes
Press potatoes into pan in a layer about 1/2" or maybe up to 3/4" (but no thicker, closer to 1/2" is better) thick - do multiple batches if you have to.
Leave alone until the one side is brown and crispy. The top spuds should be turning slightly translucent.
flipit and leave until the other side is brown and crispy.

You've now snuck a few more pieces of bacon into breakfast :D

For breakfast, I'll be having bacon wrapped bacon. Maybe an egg, too. (Watching my diet.) And there won't be anybody stealing my bacon.

430238_402168726510890_1006811091_n.jpg

Lunch will be a BBB sandwich. (Bacon, bacon and bacon.)

Bacon Sandwich.jpg

For dinner, I'm inviting this guy over:

539440_407129879348108_1689384502_n.jpg

And of course I always have a few emergency bacon stations around the house anyway:

582638_406030292791400_1662962376_n.jpg