Thread: Rain, Rain, Rain...finally went away

Rain, Rain, Rain...finally went away

About time we finally got a good soaking here in the midwest, had what was left of Issac passing over. Started around 2-3 pm yesterday and finally let up about 5 pm tonight. I had emptied my rain gauge a few days back and went to check it around 11 am, it was completely full (6.5"). Had to pump down the pool a couple of times to keep it below the top of the liner today. Haven't gone back out and checked the gauge since, but was a nice steady drizzle for the entire time, nothing too hard.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

We started getting it today (Saturday) supposed to run through Sunday. Over a 1/2 inch so far. Like you said, a good steady rain, not a lot of blowing/horizontal stuff.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Nice 2 day rain but only had a little over 1 1/2" here sure was hoping for more. They say we need almost 17" to consider the drought to be over here in my area.
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Color me JEALOUS!

We have forest fires around us in all directions. Nothing even remotely close but on days when there are little wind, we have had weather advisaries here in the valley to stay inside due to the heavy smoke. On Wednesday flying back from Houston, on the 2nd leg of the flight from SLC to Lewiston, we rode with a Forest Service HotShot team from AZ on the flight. After arriving home, our neighbors informed us that bus loads of firefighters have been leaving the airport. We live near the Nez Perce Country Regional airport BTW.
    Ken
    ------

Still waiting for our share. We've been getting 1/2" every thirty days, almost on a calender schedule, June 22, July 25 and August 24. Come about September 22-23 I'm gonna be ready to go out and get damp again. Maybe I should put some in a bottle and date it like the fancy wine makers do.

Looks like from radar today you might have gotten a little of that 1/2" early Roger.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Looks like from radar today you might have gotten a little of that 1/2" early Roger.
    Yup......the rain gauge was damp and when I was outside I measure 1 1/2"........between drops. However, today the humidity is 97%. It has been >30% for the last week or so.