Rain, Rain, Rain...finally went away

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
About time we finally got a good soaking here in the midwest, had what was left of Issac passing over. Started around 2-3 pm yesterday and finally let up about 5 pm tonight. I had emptied my rain gauge a few days back and went to check it around 11 am, it was completely full (6.5"). Had to pump down the pool a couple of times to keep it below the top of the liner today. Haven't gone back out and checked the gauge since, but was a nice steady drizzle for the entire time, nothing too hard.

Color me JEALOUS!

We have forest fires around us in all directions. Nothing even remotely close but on days when there are little wind, we have had weather advisaries here in the valley to stay inside due to the heavy smoke. On Wednesday flying back from Houston, on the 2nd leg of the flight from SLC to Lewiston, we rode with a Forest Service HotShot team from AZ on the flight. After arriving home, our neighbors informed us that bus loads of firefighters have been leaving the airport. We live near the Nez Perce Country Regional airport BTW.

Still waiting for our share. We've been getting 1/2" every thirty days, almost on a calender schedule, June 22, July 25 and August 24. Come about September 22-23 I'm gonna be ready to go out and get damp again. Maybe I should put some in a bottle and date it like the fancy wine makers do. :huh::rolleyes: