A Pair of Mahogany Nightstands

holy smokes batman,,, thats just plain astounding,, for drawing to look so much like a picture..you know your good but i am goona tell you again in case you forgot:)

I added the dowels and the other two legs.

I've had a huge project going all summer and delivered the last of it on Friday. It's kind of nice to be able to play a bit.

I 'll be starting this next weekend. Thought I'd get to it a bit sooner but better late than never:D

Probably eliminating the doors and 1 or 2 sets of drawers and turning it into a hutch though.

100_4307.jpg100_4309.jpg

Made for a Start Woodworking video but I made mine in figured mahogany. I forgot two legs, though. :D

Wow.
Count me among the ones who first thought it was a photo.

And thanks for the pointer, I went over and breezed through most of the videos in that series. Where those your renderings in the first "introduction" video? Otherwise I don't see where your stuff is used. Or are there accompanying plans that I missed somehow.

Even though I don't consider myself a beginner, I still enjoyed the videos. You always learn something. (I had always wondered how they would hang those shelves, and the dowel is a good and simple idea.) On the other hand the use of that $12 two-hole-dowelling jig looked a bit torturous. I'm very glad I have my dowelmax. I think it would have made the joinery a lot quicker. (and the people with the dominoes are probably thinking the same thing! :rofl:)

thanks
...art

Art, you can get the plan by clicking on the button. See my screen shot.

They used my SketchUp model for the renderings in the video but I didn't do those images.

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    120.9 KB · Views: 6