Thread: Happy Labor Day

Happy Labor Day

Hope all of our U.S. members had a great labor day. We have a local place that makes gourmet bratwurst, they have about 30 flavors. We got some Cheddar Bacon, Philly Cheese-steak, Apple, and German style. I also spent the day doing something I haven't done in years. I'll let you guess what it was from the pic, just waiting for the bruise to fully develop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-09-03 21.08.51.jpg  
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Did someone spend the day shooting

When I used to shoot skeet and trap my shoulder would look like that after a few hundred rounds
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    Did someone spend the day shooting

When I used to shoot skeet and trap my shoulder would look like that after a few hundred rounds
    ding, ding, ding! Yup, most of that was the first couple of shots though, always get excited and don't get the butt planted tight before pulling the trigger. My nephew's friend got his trap thrower working, which holds about 3 boxes of clays at once. His boys then went out and found a couple of stacks of survivors and we finished most of those off too.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Good for you. What by the way is the difference between shooting skeet and shooting trap?
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

With trap shooting the shooter has a very good idea of the direction of the clay, Typically one station going out and away, such as a second person throwing them. Skeet shooting involves various traps and not knowing which one the clay will come from. Sometimes there is a skimmer trap which might go across low in front of you, simulating a rabbit running and such.

Skeet is a little more challenging, but can mix things up with trap, such as throwing multiple targets and even different color clays that have to be shot in a certain order.
    Darren

BTW...the bruise developed overnight from that one I didn't get planted in time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-04 10.08.10.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	70181
    Darren

Ouch! That'll teach you to be in a hurry.

I haven't seen it yet, but I've been told my dad did something similar this weekend while dove hunting with my BIL and nephews. At 82, he bruises just thinking about it, and from what I was told, he whomped his bicep pretty badly from a poorly anchored shot or two.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com