Happy Labor Day

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Hope all of our U.S. members had a great labor day. We have a local place that makes gourmet bratwurst, they have about 30 flavors. We got some Cheddar Bacon, Philly Cheese-steak, Apple, and German style. I also spent the day doing something I haven't done in years. I'll let you guess what it was from the pic, just waiting for the bruise to fully develop. :D

Attachments

• 2012-09-03 21.08.51.jpg
    2012-09-03 21.08.51.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 23
Did someone spend the day shooting :)

When I used to shoot skeet and trap my shoulder would look like that after a few hundred rounds:eek:

ding, ding, ding! Yup, most of that was the first couple of shots though, always get excited and don't get the butt planted tight before pulling the trigger. My nephew's friend got his trap thrower working, which holds about 3 boxes of clays at once. His boys then went out and found a couple of stacks of survivors and we finished most of those off too.

With trap shooting the shooter has a very good idea of the direction of the clay, Typically one station going out and away, such as a second person throwing them. Skeet shooting involves various traps and not knowing which one the clay will come from. Sometimes there is a skimmer trap which might go across low in front of you, simulating a rabbit running and such.

Skeet is a little more challenging, but can mix things up with trap, such as throwing multiple targets and even different color clays that have to be shot in a certain order.

Ouch! That'll teach you to be in a hurry. :p

I haven't seen it yet, but I've been told my dad did something similar this weekend while dove hunting with my BIL and nephews. At 82, he bruises just thinking about it, and from what I was told, he whomped his bicep pretty badly from a poorly anchored shot or two.