Thread: Special Order

Special Order

At the last Craft Fair I was in I got an order of 30 Bird Houses. Took forever but they are done. Along with 10 others that I needed to resupply my Fair kit with. I do hope I don't have to make any for awhile. The picture has only the 30, my wife put the others away already. I wish I could get more shop time so I could get these done faster. Dang work gets in the way of all my fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_0124.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	70182

Goodland, Kansas
    Great looking houses Dennis. I just finished about 100 or more of those and 25 or 30 of the bulb ornaments. I will be posting some of those.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

DSM, IA
    That's great about the order Dennis! I understand completely about not wanting to turn anymore for awhile too!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

ABQ NM
    Nice work, Dennis. I was gonna say...if you get tired of making these you can just buy some from Bernie. He LOVES to make 'em.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

falcon heights, minnesota
    coolness unto itself dennis! hopefully this order will generate more orders for you! it's that whole word of mouth thing....
    benedictione omnes bene

San Antonio, Texas
    They look great, Dennis! I too understand wanting a break from them. I love getting fairly large orders, but only until I get about 10 done, then it becomes more like "work" and I am glad to finish.
    Billy B.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Well i told Bernie it was to early for these,so that's my story and i'm sticking to it. Good job man.

Oceanside, So. Calif. 5 mi. to the ocean
    You don't live on Alcatraz, so we cannot call you the "Birdman of Alcatraz." Guess you can be the "Birdman of Whatever you Desire."

Now you get to put your mind to a good catchy name for yourself.

First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.

Thanks guys. The wife and I took off for a couple days and I may have found a place to try to sell a few more. We went to a small town and they have started what they call first Friday which is a farmers market with arts and crafts thrown in. They have just started so it may not survive to next year. I'm thinking a handfull of small items might do OK and you can get some vacation time in. It's in the mountains so it would get us out of the heat.

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Congrats on the order. And, very nice, all of them.
    Where do you get your little birdies?
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire