Christmas Ornaments

Well here are the last of the ornaments until more orders come in. I am ready for the floral/craft store and the art gallery. Here is 5 of 25 or so ornaments (around 100 birdhouses) I have turned for this year. I have gotten better with my 1/4" & 1" skew and the bottom finials. All finished with Lacquer.

Attachments

• Christmas ornaments 6.jpg
    Christmas ornaments 6.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 47
Bernie, your just as bad as the retail stores. Barely Septemper, and got all the Christmas stuff out already. :rofl:

Honestly though, these look great! I think youve carved yourself a little ninch with these and the birdhouses. I like them.

Thanks everyone. I think for the floral/craft store and art gallery I am done. Besides those 125 I made 27 others for orders that came in.

Ryan yes they are all hollowed to about 1/8" thick.

Stephen about 6 yrs ago I waited, waited and waited then before I knew it was 12/1 and I was in trouble. I will have orders all along. In fact got a order for 4 more today.

I never made any of this kind of ornament that looked any good. I suppose with more pratice they would look better but there are to many other things to make right now.
Dennis

Thanks again. Yes Mike if I don't I am in trouble. I was telling the wife the other day where has this year gone. Seems like yesterday we got our grandson for a month when he got out of school in May and 2 weeks ago we took him to his first day of school again. Sheeessshh. Time flies when you are having fun.:rofl:

Those are really nice, but I'm having trouble thinking Christmas yet. Only 3 months away! Another year almost gone. Holly Cow! You can see by my Avatar, with all the wrinkles and the gray I don't have a great many of them left!

You need to do a tutorial on making the ornaments. What do you use to hollow them out? Guess I could check out Marley Turns site, I'm sure he has a video on them.

Last edited:
Bernie, every time I look at the pics of your recent ornaments, I'm pleased to see how nice your finials/icicles look these days. You've really gotten the hang of turning decorative spindle stuff. :clap:

...You need to do a tutorial on making the ornaments. What do you use to hollow them out? Guess I could check out Marley Turns site, I'm sure he has a video on them.

This is a bit different style, but here's a tutorial Bernie did for making birdhouse ornaments:

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?25662-Making-a-Birdhouse-Ornament-Bernie-Weishapl

That's a start. :thumb:

Thanks again. Vaughn I guess if you practice enough you will eventally get it.:rofl: I had to laugh after reading your post of how many of the d... things I broke. Oh well my granddad always told me if you don't have failures you ain't trying.:rofl:

Just love em Bernie. As much as i like wood i really like the painted green and red one. The one next to it also has a look like you turned a chesnut with the way the wood grain and color look.
The finials really make em. Its no wonder you getting orders.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2