Spider alert! warning Close UP photos... arachnophobes don't open this thread.

I own stock in RAID (or should anyway) Every spider I see is sprayed, stepped on, hit with a 2x4, or smashed with a mallet. That is unless they are bigger than a pea. In that case I run like a girl and have my wife kill it.

Snakes don't bother me at all, I just hate bugs.

Great pics Ned. :thumb: I cleaned out the pool yesterday, had 4 wolf spiders with at least 2" leg spans each, a dozen smaller ones as well. One found the top of my thermometer, his own little island. :)

I didn't get a picture of it, but there's a persimmon tree across the road from my house that has a web strung between a couple of limbs at about 15 feet up in the tree... yesterday morning when I went to breakfast the morning rain had left water drops on the web and you could see it from the kitchen window... by the time I finished breakfast, the sun had dried the water and it disappeared... was actually an interesting sight... wish I had delayed breakfast and taken the picture.

Excellent photography Ned!

It seems to me that it's been a good year for spiders around here....the population, or at least visible activity seems higher than normal from my perspective. I'm not bothered by spiders much, but my wife and girls have a fit everytime they see one. After numerous requests to get out of bed (or at least off the couch) and kill a spider for them, I've begun to equate spiders with the nuisance request, and now stomp them every time I see one just to be sure it doesn't sneak into their room!