Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts and Prayers, Please - Update

Thomasville, GA

Your Thoughts and Prayers, Please - Update

Tomorrow, Thursday 9/13 (at least it isn't Friday the 13th! ), I'll have cataract surgery on my right eye. LOML is taking off work to take me and get me back home from surgery. She'll take me for the follow-up on Friday morning. Then, next week, Thursday 9/20, the left eye will be done. The surgery seems to be fairly simple, really. The worst part of the process will be staying inside for a few days for the healing! I know the surgery isn't a big deal any more, but they insisted I bring a copy of my Living Will with me!?!?!?!
    Last edited by Bill Arnold; 09-14-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Delton, Michigan
    well bill, they are getting pretty close to your brain and if they made a miscut you might end up like me
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    You got it Bill, when my mom had it done she ended up with 20/15 vision.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Los Angeles, CA
    My mom and dad both went thru the surgery and it was a breeze. They didn't ask them to bring the living will though.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

new york city burbs
    Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    well bill, they are getting pretty close to your brain and if they made a miscut you might end up like me
    I met you in person, that wouldnt be a bad thing.

speedy recovery bill. good vibes headed your way from up north.
    Human Test Dummy

Kansas City, Missouri
    Sure thing. You're going to enjoy it once it's over, everyone I know that has had it done wish they could have done it sooner.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

falcon heights, minnesota
    you got 'em bill. my dad was in and out in under 10 minutes each time he had his done. he jokes about 2 things, having to have the grand tour done before the first one, and that it took longer to take his shirt off before, and putting it back on after the surgery.
    benedictione omnes bene

Amherst, New Hampshire
    My mother in law just had it done. She is 87 and it only took a few days before she was feeling and seeing great.

We will be thinking about you.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Independence, Kentucky
    Coming your way Bill, I just had me left eye done three weeks ago and believe me it's nothing to worry about, Now that both have been done I no longer need my glasses, and I am going on77, and glad that I did it. Like Dan said about a fifteen minute proceedure for me.

Oceanside, So. Calif. 5 mi. to the ocean

You are going to love it.

I have been in on several hundred cataract surgeries. With today's equipment, Inter Ocular Lenses, techniques, etc., even a mediocre surgeon can do a great surgery. I know it is your EYES and that is spooky. However, it is a very safe and predictable surgery.

Definitely against doctors orders, but there was one patient who left the surgery, had a bite to eat and went to play golf.

Of course you have to realize dedicated golfers are a little strange between the ears.

Enjoy your new vision,

First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.