Your Thoughts and Prayers, Please - Update

Surgery on my right eye went fine yesterday, as expected. I was a little apprehensive but actually went through the process OK. It was kinda weird being able to see the different stuff coming at my eye! I guess the "relaxer" they gave me via IV did its job. It was no more than an hour from the time they took me back until LOML and I were leaving. The actual surgery was only about 10 minutes. They taped my eye closed for me to leave and it came off a couple of hours later for us to apply some drops.

When the tape came off, it was kinda scary. I was propped up in bed watching TV. The first vision of the TV (and everything else) was the right eye had it shifted about 10° to the right of center and rotated clockwise about 30°. That condition cleared up over the next 2-3 hours. As the eye began to focus better, I could see color more vividly with the right eye than the left. Today, distance vision is great with my right eye. I can hardly wait until next Thursday to get my left eye done!!!

so how did it go bill,, does bobby look like she is around 30 now :) no more gray hair from the cloudy vision:)

Bobbie has always looked good to me! Now, I can see her beauty even more clearly! (Did I say that right, sweetie? ;))

Gray hair is something I've had to deal with since my twenties, so I don't know if there's any hope there!!! :huh:

I had both lenses replaced about 15 years ago, a few months apart. The surgery went well, I could get along without glasses, and I haven't had a problem with them at all. The doctor did tell me I had to give up bungee jumping, though. :D

Glad to hear it all went well, Bill. :thumb:

I figure as long as your first post after surgery doesn't say "Hcastf kah bcvyu atc, pgvfav bf jucs;l c8wben", then it's all good. :D

Welcome back to the land of the seeing.

Your depth perception will improve after the second eye is done. In the meantime be EXTREMELY careful around things that cut...Better yet avoid them until your depth perception is normal.

Enjoy,

JimB

He may have (finally) retired but, he's still an eye-doc at heart ;-)

Welcome back to the land of the seeing.

Your depth perception will improve after the second eye is done. In the meantime be EXTREMELY careful around things that cut...Better yet avoid them until your depth perception is normal.

Enjoy,

JimB

Thank you for the words of wisdom, Jim.

Depth perception is one issue I've noticed even when walking. One thing I did to help reduce the imbalance between my eyes is to remove the right lens from a pair of glasses. Everything beyond about three feet is sharp with my right eye; the corrective lens on the left eye matches up pretty close.

I doubt that I'll get any shop time for about a month for two reasons: My eyes will need some time to adjust and I don't need to be getting any dust in them while they're healing. LOML has threatened me if I even think about going out to do any yard work!!!

I'm now a firm believer in pressure point massage for medicinal purposes...
In the following attachment you can see where your eye would benefit from the pressure point area #13...I have found that by holding a cold long neck bottle in that area helps immensely. Not only for the eyes, but according to the chart{and personal observances ;)} #'s 8,9 & 10 receives a great amount of stimulation as well... and can really give a boost to/from/by the #4 area...hope this helps, but remember, I am not a doctor! This is from a personal perspective. :thumb: :D

PressurePoints.jpg

Glad things went well!!!

I'm now a firm believer in pressure point massage for medicinal purposes... :thumb: :D

View attachment 70458

My problem is that after holding a couple of longnecks securely with the #12, 13 & 14 area, I tend to follow up with my favorite cocktail glass that holds only Jim Beam (and a little ice). After a bit, the #13 and #14 areas proceed to try to swap places! All of which gives #21 plenty of exercise, at which point I'd better be outside by my favorite tree when #4 kicks in!!! :D