Invisible Connectors

I caught those while lost on You Tube the other day. Lemello has a different market than we are used to over here so it does sort of look like a solution looking for a problem to me. Then again, I have no time for minifix connectors and most of that other euro stuff. I know they are used innumerable places (Target, IKEA, inexpensive kitchen and bathroom cabinets) but, I'm not much on them for my work. I certainly do appreciate KD hardware when I am going cheap but, I don't think the end consumer is the target for the Invis MX system ;-)

Very cool, if you ask me. I can see a lot of applications (not necessarily woodworking) for an invisible fastener like that. With 175 pounds of holding power per fastener, it seems plenty strong enough to me. I agree with Glenn that end consumers are not the likely market for such a device, although at about $375 for the starter kit, it's on par with a number of other fastening systems (somewhere in the middle between a good biscuit joiner and a Festool Domino).

Vision its called vision in my opinion. Hey Glenn bet you never thought you would be using Blum Euro hinges. :) We all caught up in tradition :)

I'm not against them, I even have a box of them somewhere. But, I have installed a total of four in my lifetime; on an old drill press cabinet :rolleyes:.

I'll be the dissenter.

Cool? yeah. Smart? Yeah. Ingenious use of physics? Oh yeah.
But guaranteed to drive people nuts? That's my thought also.

I looked at that and immediately thought of the consumer... Here I am with a piece of furniture and I want to TAKE IT APART so that I can move. With all the knock-down systems out there you can see something... whether it be a torx bolt, hex bolt, switch, catch, pocket screw, etc... and with a bit of ingenuity you can figure out how to disassemble it.

But this? How can anyone look at this and figure out how to take it apart or put it together? Not only that, but you can't do anything without the special tool...

So I'm just not so sure about this.................

Seems to me that on an old (maybe five years ago?) "Ask This Old House" episode, Tommy Silva use that system - or a very similar one - to join two sections of stairway hand rail. If I recall correctly, it was a Festool accessory.