Git-Box II

Still a long ways from attempting a standard style acoustic, but that's OK, I'm having a blast with these cigar box styles. Tried my hand at installing actual frets, turned out better than I figured they would. Even put in a semi-truss rod, kinda like Martins used to use back in the day{non-adjustable}. Some pyro work attempted as well, just as a why not...thankfully it sounds better than I make it :rofl:...fwiw: 4-string, 30"scale, cedar/walnut/oak, magnetic pup, tone & volume pots

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg9.jpg
and 1 for Jay...the collection has started :Dnext.jpg

Brent, with these fat uncoordinated fingers of mine, tunings have little priority :rofl:

Vaughn, f/f ...action is about 3/32" at the first and approx 5/32" at the 12th...much easier to fret than the 1/4" across the board on the first box :eek::D..I've strung this one with the 2,3,4 & 5th strings from a 10-52 gauge set...playing it is fun, but my callouses have as far to grow as my ww & playing do...& we won't mention the word vocals as they're a lost cause :doh:

If you're fretting it, then I'm betting Git-Box III will have adjustable bridge saddles so you can tweak the intonation. The all-thread bridge you have on this one (cool idea, BTW) can be adjusted to get things close, though. :thumb:

Way cool Ken I have one of those boxes like you used for your amp also just using it to store parts in. I have got to get a picture up of what I have been doing. I now have 5 strumsticks and 4 CBG's setting here and got a delivery of 42 boxes I got off of ebay last week and the Cigar store was also good to me last couple of week and picked up 24 more nice boxes. So anyone having trouble finding boxes let me know.........:rofl:

Jay, definitely post some photo's, I for one would like to see some of your creations. This collecting can be quite addictive from what little I've gathered already. Since we both smoke, the local cigar/ette store owner has been great, gives us any we want, but when he's not there, the employees hit us for $ 2.00 ea/ or 3 for $5...got the Mrs interested as well, there's quite a bit of folks into cigar box purses. I've already told her if she wants to work in the shop, we need to add-on :D, but not out of cigar boxes{:rofl: Darren}.