Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shaving forum

shaving forum

I guess these days there are discussion forums for just about everything.
    I was Googling for information about the growth of facial hair and how it is affected by age.
    Lo and behold up pops a discussion forum about shaving. Who wodda thunk it?
    Don't know if I'll join just to get one question answered. But, interesting.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

well frank, from my experience it slows down alot on the growing.. and gets thinnner like ones head does..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Even as a younger man, never had much facial hair, plenty still on top, though I've decided it's more trouble than worth, so I've gone to a longish burr cut... I actually got away with shaving every other day in boot camp, that's how little facial hair I had... being a blondish redhead has it's advantages.... like Frank, not sure I would bother joining a shaving forum though.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

I was blessed with a great head of hair. I have been every color except carrot red. Platinum blonde up through about age 5. Then it turned to straw, then to brown, then to auburn, then to black and now I am seriously working on platinum blonde (excuse me, white) again.

The thatched roof definitely would leak rain water now.

I only have to shave every 2 or 3 days (unless I am going some place with my wife) which is nice. Unfortunately for the facial hair, I go someplace with my wife almost every day so the shaving every 2 or 3 days is more like a dream.

Now you know more than you want to about my Hair em.

Enjoy,

JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Larry, that's the puzzlement. I'll be 74 in a few weeks. Years ago my beard slowed down to where I could get by with 2-3 shaves a week. But, in the past year it has been growing rapidly again. If I have to appear civilized, daily shaving is now necessary, it is growing, full face and fast again. As you know, I still have a full head of hair. That is the question I plan to pose to the shaving forum. Is this normal?
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Hmm, that's interesting Frank. So did you change something in your diet? Eating more oatmeal? More veggies?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Hmm, that's interesting Frank. So did you change something in your diet? Eating more oatmeal? More veggies?
    Nah, he's gone back on the little blue pills....

That's interesting to note though Frank, I'll be 71 on Wednesday and stopped shaving in 2005 when I retired... I take a trimmer to the beard about every week to 10 days and shape it closer to the face.... it doesn't appear to grow all that fast... does that mean in a couple of years I'm going to look like one of those backwoods men with a beard down to my belly button??? I still a full head of hair too... even though it's cropped close now... just got tired of having to comb it all the time.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Had to look up in the dictionary this "shaving" term used throughout this discussion~~
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    Had to look up in the dictionary this "shaving" term used throughout this discussion~~
    Ha! I saw your name in the "Last Post" column on the main page and was thinking "What the heck does Jon know about shaving?" I see my suspicions were right.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING