My wife doesn't understand me...

Roger Tulk

We were in HD today to look at kitchen cupboards, and my wife allowed me to go look at tools. I showed her the table saw I would like, the one I would like if I couldn't have the first one, and we saunterred down the aisle and I showed her the bench sander I would like, which was on sale for half price at Cdn Tire until last Wednesday, and she wouldn't let me buy that. So, I said I needed a new saw blade. She asked why I needed a new saw blade when I had just bought five blades online.

"Because those were bandsaw blades, and I need a table saw blade," says I.

She just rolls her eyes. I mean, what if she told me she needed new knitting needles? Would I complain? Would I even ask what she was going to make for me, and whether it would ever be finished? No way, man! I like having my head on my shoulders.

Looks like it's time to convince Mrs. Tulk that she need more high quality handmade wooden items for her home, and that you're just the guy to make them.
And by the way dear, do you need any new knitting needles?

Anyway, that's what works for me. All true except that Mrs. Werner doesn't knit. [But she does garden, and anything she wants for the garden is ok with me.]

If I gave my wife house plants she would kill them. She might make them suffer for a year or two, however this house is Death Row for plants.

Please understand that she really likes house plants; she really enjoys receiving them, she likes them more than diamonds---she just shortens their life expectancy.

So far she has not had to water me nor fertilize me, so I guess I am safe.

Enjoy,

JimB

Who's getting me diamonds? I like diamonds...I like em on my saw blade and I like em on drill bits.:thumb::thumb::thumb:Makes drilling and cutting rock so much easier.:thumb::thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's kind of a good thing we've been on the financial tight rope lately, my wife has no problem with me buying things for the shop. In part, I believe, is she knows I'd rather buy a cheap bargain basement tool & make do, than have the latest 'gotta have' item on the market, but the main reason I think is, because it keeps me out in the shop and out from under her feet :rofl:

Quit taking your wife tool shopping! And quit asking for permission, too.

Buy what you need; put it in the shop; and use it. If/when she asks about it, just say "I needed it for a project I am/was working on. No further explanation is necessary.

That's the way my wife and I have both handled it for the past 46 years. I don't question her sewing, quilting, or other stuff, and she doesn't bother me about shop stuff. Same thing with clothes - hers or mine. It's a good arrangement.

Buy what you need; put it in the shop; and use it. If/when she asks about it, just say "I needed it for a project I am/was working on. No further explanation is necessary.

That's the way my wife and I have both handled it for the past 46 years. I don't question her sewing, quilting, or other stuff, and she doesn't bother me about shop stuff. Same thing with clothes - hers or mine. It's a good arrangement.

Uh-huh! We now return you to reality! ;)

Ha, after 46 years of marriage I know "what's hers is hers and what's mine is hers!" I do enjoy the trying to "sneak it in game" just makes it a little more fun, and she complains all in fun also.

Yep, the way Lou and I handle our household for the past 29 years. We both know we aren't taking from the mortgage payment or what we do spend at a grocery store. She usually benefits from what I build.

You Sir are a wise man. X2 I did that with my 1st HD and traded it in and did it again with my bigger HD. She got her Black Pearls. :-}

That's what I usually do, and that's how I've accumulated 27 planes, but she watches the bank account like Scrooge, and questions every transaction. I don't think I'll be able to sneak a $500 table saw past her, though. I was just going to buy the saw blade when I buy the lumber for the outdoor chairs she wants, and tell her I spent the money on "stuff for those chairs I'm building" but she and I just happened to be in HD together as she wanaated to look at kitchen cabinets which were so poorly made that I was easily able to dissuade her from thinking about even having the least possible glint of an idea of buying them. Then we went into the tool corral.

OH, she's not impressed with jewellery at all.