Table Idea

Dave Richards

Not mine. I saw a table similar to this while poking around the net and thought I'd see if I could doodle it up. It isn't identical to the one I saw but I kind of like it.

I do like it to look at, jut not in my house :). I am grateful to my parents for was raising us an appreciation of a multitude of styles. I enjoy a wide variety of things but, I also have a "feel" I like at home.

Some of the drawbacks of glass tables are:

Espouses hate them because they can see fingerprints all over.
As they are transparent, they also hate to see the dust that acummulates on the frame, and they hate having to clean it as well.

In summer they are not pleasant to lay your bare arms on them because they feel cold, imagine it in winter.

One can't play with the feet with the woman sitting in front without being noticed.

The idea behind glass tables is basically make rooms look bigger or not cluttered.

Don't get me wrong, I like them but on specific places and specific designs as well.

Here's another table design I found today that I think is interesting for the exposed joinery.

nero1.jpg

dettaglio1.jpg

I like the design. I'd probably make the top rails at each end extend to the corners of the glass.

edit: I like that design too, kind of what I was thinking for the first one with the rails extending.