A picken project

Well I have been doing to much running around lately and haven't posted any pictures of what I have been building. So here goes
This is what I have been spending my shop time on and I must tell you I am having a BLAST. I even starting taking Guitar lessons so I could demonstrate them if I go to a show.
The strum sticks are made of Hard Maple, Walnut and Cedar. and Cherry, Cypress and Walnut
The Cigar Box guitars necks are Walnut, Cherry, Oak (both red and white) and Maple.
The fret markers and made with guitar picks and a hole punch.

100_1846.jpg 100_1848.jpg 100_1849.jpg

Now here's the deal 2 of the CBG's have a fault that I don't want to redo. So the first 2 people that can tell me what is wrong with them will get one of them. First person gets first pick. You must tell me what is wrong with them by PM I will let everyone know what the problem is after its done.

100_1852.jpg

Beautiful! Some of those look pretty similar to the martin backpackers.

Whats the story behind the dollars on some of the CB's? Boy those all look great!

Really great looking guitars and strum sticks. I've made one strum stick. They are fun and I almost pick a tune out on one. I love the wood combos on yours. Great Brick House, I love that box. My son's guitar instructor wants me to make one for him and I think when I get to it that is the box I will use.

Nice work!

Oh I sent you a PM. I know Ted beat me, but I wanted to see if I picked up on the correct thing (ah I mean incorrect thing).

Last edited:
Well Ted got it first Then Darren. Paul and Brent got it at the same time.
For those of you that want to know the 2nd and 4th one have the fret markers on the wrong fret.

So Ted gets first pick and Darren gets the second one

Now the 2nd box is set up for picking and the 4th is set up for slide.
Ted send me your choice and address and Darren just send me yer address as you just get whats left :rofl:

Awesome boxes Jay, I'm in the middle of 3 cigar boxes right now, but I can see adding a strum stick into the mix very soon. Where did you find the fret spacing measurements for the strum sticks, if you don't mind my asking? Those are some real beauties you have there!!! :thumb:

Jay, they all look great! I especially like the triangle shaped ones. I also like some of your creative bridges. :D

And congrats to the winners. :thumb: I'd have been in the running if I wasn't so late getting on the forum tonight. :p

Hey I'm cool with that! I actually have a glass slide already. :thumb:

My favorite slide is made by Craftsman, but being heavy, it's more suitable for long, sustainy stuff than it is for rapid-fire quick stuff. That's where glass slides shine.

images

Well, darn, but congrats to the winners. Makes me want to finish the one I started a year ago for my grandson. Ah, so many projects and so little energy!

I'm surprised to see you can enjoy making these after the handcrank organs. These are so simple in comparison. I still have all the stuff to build an organ, but it really intimidates. So much so I haven't started.

I'm surprised to see you can enjoy making these after the handcrank organs. These are so simple in comparison. I still have all the stuff to build an organ, but it really intimidates. So much so I haven't started.

Paul get started my friend they are not as hard as it appears they just take time and I am here to see that you dont fail so get going man you wont be sorry.