A picken project

Wow you have been busy Jay. Its so good to hear y getting stuck in with that new shop.
I only managed to work out what the error was when u mentioned it so i was no threat to the winners. Congrats to winners ....but hey i think u guys now have to post a ytube video of u playing it. :)
Thats just so we know a) you can b) so we can hear it. :);)
These are my kind of woodworking project.

Hey Jay now u gonna have to get into all the decorating work like string inlay ......i see a production run coming along of those triangular ones ;)
Very cool thanks for posting and sharing the fun.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome boxes Jay, I'm in the middle of 3 cigar boxes right now, but I can see adding a strum stick into the mix very soon. Where did you find the fret spacing measurements for the strum sticks, if you don't mind my asking? Those are some real beauties you have there!!! :thumb:

Ken I use one of these Wfret, FretCal or StuMc fret calculator set one of them for Dulcimer. The WFret has a template that will print out for ya

Wow you have been busy Jay. Its so good to hear y getting stuck in with that new shop.
I only managed to work out what the error was when u mentioned it so i was no threat to the winners. Congrats to winners ....but hey i think u guys now have to post a ytube video of u playing it. :)
Thats just so we know a) you can b) so we can hear it. :);)
These are my kind of woodworking project.

Hey Jay now u gonna have to get into all the decorating work like string inlay ......i see a production run coming along of those triangular ones ;)
Very cool thanks for posting and sharing the fun.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Thank Rob
The next ones will be teardrop shaped and will have some bindings on them. When I get started on those I will post a build thread. Right now I am working on Router tables.
And yes I LOVE MY NEW SHOP and life is SO MUCH better here in the country.

Geez, I don't know how I missed this thread until now Jay! Anyway I wouldn't have been able to tell what's wrong with them at all, they all look great to me!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Did he turn you into a monkey and make you play the bucket drum? :D
I was up for the task, sadly we ran short of time way to quickly. We just got home a little while ago. I shot a quick video, please excuse the poor slide playing on my part, but the CBG sounds amazing. I can't wait to hook it up to my amp and see how it sounds there too. :thumb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATEnFZHs1kk

BTW Ted, got to hear yours, sounds amazing too, had a nice tone to it...you're going to love it.

Last edited:
when someone gets one of those going well we need to hear a whole song on one of them:) and i am willing to bet the farm that you can play just fine ted.. you dont have long hair because you lost the hair cuttin shears.

I brought the guitar to work as some co-workers were wanting to see it and try it out. Now I'm hardly getting any work done. :doh:

I snapped some detail pics here at my desk over lunch. I may be biased, but I just love this guitar the more and more I fiddle with it. Jay, hope you don't mind, I had to flip the bridge around as it had to move it down to get intonation set on 12, but have it just about perfect now.

2012-10-01 12.54.41.jpg2012-10-01 12.54.53.jpg2012-10-01 12.55.04.jpg

Jay said the walnut neck was from some stock left from his late uncle, I feel very privileged to have it. He also did a great job on the scarf joint at the tip, can hardly notice it is there considering the figure in that chocolate.
2012-10-01 12.55.20.jpg2012-10-01 12.55.32.jpg

I brought the guitar to work as some co-workers were wanting to see it and try it out. Now I'm hardly getting any work done. :doh:

I snapped some detail pics here at my desk over lunch. I may be biased, but I just love this guitar the more and more I fiddle with it. Jay, hope you don't mind, I had to flip the bridge around as it had to move it down to get intonation set on 12, but have it just about perfect now.

View attachment 70715View attachment 70716View attachment 70717

Jay said the walnut neck was from some stock left from his late uncle, I feel very privileged to have it. He also did a great job on the scarf joint at the tip, can hardly notice it is there considering the figure in that chocolate.
View attachment 70718View attachment 70719

It's yours Buddy modify it how ever ya want. Thats the nice thing about a CBG :thumb:

Well Looky Here!

This beauty showed up in the mail yesterday. Jay certainly has a way with a cigar box. It has a nice crisp tone and as you can see looks great. It got me looking for an amp and lessons. Many thanks again to Jay for his generosity and his great craftsmanship.

Attachments

• CBG-3-S.jpg
    CBG-3-S.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 13
  • CBG-1 (Small).jpg
    CBG-1 (Small).jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: