TV wall unit a W.I.P.

Here i thought the cabinet was for a different fellow a customer. :rofl: Yeah you the customer.

I like your mancave but no wonder its taking you time and its a pain in the rear just look how great you finishing it. I think you gonna loose that to cavewoman if you aint careful making it so neat and fancy. ;)

Here i thought the cabinet was for a different fellow a customer. :rofl: Yeah you the customer.

I like your mancave but no wonder its taking you time and its a pain in the rear just look how great you finishing it. I think you gonna loose that to cavewoman if you aint careful making it so neat and fancy. ;)
No not for me, for a repeat customer. I do want to make one, similar to this one at Leon's. I have a few 100 bd ft of cherry I could use.
Flooring is going down well, faster than expected.
Toscana bottom.jpg

IMG_0824.JPG

heres the man cave 99% done. Once I have the adjacent bedroom floor done, I can finish the baseboard trimm in both rooms and get back to Woodworking. I was looking at building a tv stand, but Swmbo thought black would be nice. We found a tv fireplace stand on clearance and dragged it home Sunday.
IMG_0836.JPG

Shop time:thumb:. Been away too long from this project! One RP door developed a split :( ! .....Too much glue!:doh: which locked 3 of the corners of the panel. I cut the panel out of the door, repaired the split, set up the shaper again to remake 2 rails & 2, stiles. I had run out of disposable glue brushes, usually careful doing the glue up.

Attachments

• IMG_6126.JPG
    IMG_6126.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 20
It is disappointing when delays occur. I have had glue sneak out of the corner and grab a panel before as well. I find such things help me develop my 'dramatic heavy sigh' as I start to repair them. ;-)

heres the man cave 99% done. Once I have the adjacent bedroom floor done, I can finish the baseboard trimm in both rooms and get back to Woodworking. I was looking at building a tv stand, but Swmbo thought black would be nice. We found a tv fireplace stand on clearance and dragged it home Sunday.
View attachment 73268

Hey, Bryan, looking good.

What is that black object in the bottom-right of the photo? I know it is tough taking pictures in a small space.
It looks to me like the easy chair is the only one that can comfortably watch the TV, so I was wondering if those were more chairs. The couch is perpendicular to the TV, or do you watch it laying down? :D

Hey, Bryan, looking good.

What is that black object in the bottom-right of the photo? I know it is tough taking pictures in a small space.
It looks to me like the easy chair is the only one that can comfortably watch the TV, so I was wondering if those were more chairs. The couch is perpendicular to the TV, or do you watch it laying down? :D
Wife lays down on the sofa. Sofa and the 2 seater against back wall are recliners / motion furniture. The 2 seater has drink holders and storage box between seats. 70" Sharp Tv is awesome, and 1st time having surround sound:thumb:

yeah i have been there before myself bryan, not enough room.. do you use any prestain on the ash or just stain and wipe off then hit it with lacquer? use sealer under the lacquer?

yeah i have been there before myself bryan, not enough room.. do you use any prestain on the ash or just stain and wipe off then hit it with lacquer? use sealer under the lacquer?
no pre-stain conditioner, only 2 wipe on, then wipe off coats of min wax early american stain, then lacquer, not using a sealer

in case I missed it, can you explain how you are going to secure the glass in the doors
wood glass stops I made up, 3/8 square with a 1/4" rd over