If you like Eagles – lots of Eagles

Bruce Page

I took these last Tuesday up in Kodiak Alaska. There were probably 100-200 Eagles flying around while a woman threw chum into the bay. I took the last pic of the lone Eagle sitting on the bullrail after the feeding frenzy was over – I was only about 8’ away, he just sat there as I shot pic after pic.

It was almost surreal.

Attachments

• Eagle1.jpg
    Eagle1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Eagle2.jpg
    Eagle2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Eagle3.jpg
    Eagle3.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Eagle6.jpg
    Eagle6.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Eagle5.jpg
    Eagle5.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
That's very cool, Bruce. I saw a lone bald eagle a couple weekends ago on Catalina island (during a whale-watching trip), but having a hundred or more circling, or having one park 8' away for a photo session would awesome.

Thanks for the pics - :thumb:

Those are Fascinating Birds, and that had to be a phenominal sight to see. That's one thing about the Aleutians, there are a lot of things to see that just aren't available many other places in the world. Glad you got to see AND document the experience with pictures.

That had to have been an awesome sight! Can't recall ever seeing a bald eagle in the wild around here.

We live near Braddock's Bay on Lake Ontario which attracts lots of migratory birds and birds of prey...mostly red tailed hawks, peregrin falcons, and turkey vultures.

I didn't think to snap any pics, but just this past Wednesday we had over 100 turkey vultures flying low around our neighborhood for over an hour. It's common to see 6-10 flying high above on a windy day, but I've never seen the numbers we witnessed this time....looked like a black cloud of death! :eek: I took my pulse just as verification I was ok! :rofl: