Monday night football.......whats your call

Hey, even this Seahawk fan thinks the Packers got hosed by the refs. Too bad it had to end that way as it was a good game between two tough teams. The Packers just made a better adjustment in the second half. We had a chance to win, but that last play should have been a chance lost for us. I have to think that more people are watching the games each week just to see what egregious call will be made next. Kind of like going to the hockey game to see the fights.

We're these guys even referees before the beginning of the season? Holy moly, I don't expect the level of calls to be quite on par with the regulars, but I rarely see calls that bad in a college, high school, or even a Pop Warner game....

Actually, I was a little harsh saying that the replacement referees "hosed" Green Bay. These guys have just been put into a situation in which they are doomed to fail. I think all of these guys are trying to do the best job they can. If they had not been willing to step up and referee these games, there would have not been any football. I remember once being in a situation where I was over my head, due to my inexperience. It is not a good feeling. I think Pete Carroll (Seahawks Coach) expressed it very well.

"It's time for it to be over," Carroll said. "It's time for this to be over. My hat's off to these officials. They're doing everything they can to do it as well as they can. They have great pride. They're working their tails off. It demonstrates how difficult it is. It's a very, very complex process to handle these games and make these decisions. There's nothing easy about it, and it takes years and years of experience to pull it off properly and in a timely fashion and keep the flow of the game alive and all that.

Very true Bill. Few stop to think of the poor refs that have taken on this task when they are not up to it. The league is the one that needs to come to the table now or they gonna turn their own show into the laughing stock of the whole sporting world. That said the same applies to the Hockey bunch. Both sides of the hockey have forgotten the fans and what their pockets can take in times like these. They will be sorry when the fans and even companys get to the point where the price tag is just not worth it.

hey dave, the replacements were better than having none... made mistakes but we all do at times..sometimes little ones and sometimes there worse.. but any leader is better than no leader.

hey dave, the replacements were better than having none... made mistakes but we all do at times..sometimes little ones and sometimes there worse.. but any leader is better than no leader.

Very true! I didn't really mind what was going on until my team was at the wrong end of a bad call. They will be again, maybe even this weekend...:doh:

The good thing is the "no calls" did not cause any major injuries. I was more concerned about one of the millionaires ending their career due to an illegal hit. Ok, that sounds sarcastic, but I really didnt want to see anyone hurt for the flagrant illegal rough play that wasn't being called.