Thread: Sneak Preview of 2013 Woodworking Classes

Sneak Preview of 2013 Woodworking Classes

I got an email from the Port Townsend School of Woodworking today with a link to their 2013 classes. I was amazed at the strong group of visiting instructors they have managed to come there and teach. Just some key names: Garrett Hack, Chris Schwarz, Peter Follansbee, Darrel Peart and Matt Bickford. These are some heavy hitters and not a complete list. If you are not familiar with any of these guys, I suggest you Google them. I am kind of leaning toward maybe taking classes with Peter Follansbee and Matt Bickford, but I don't know, it is a hard decision!

If you are able, I suggest taking a class near you. It is a great way to improve your woodworking skills quickly. And if you can manage it, I highly recommend the school at Port Townsend. A beautiful place to just visit.
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

You sure get the best out your way Bill, you can't go wrong with any one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Niemi View Post
    You sure get the best out your way Bill, you can't go wrong with any one of them
    All the instructors that come out there, want to come back. I can understand, because we go over there several times a year because it is a nice get-away for us. I forgot to include Peter Galbert who is a very well known chair maker from MA. Also, the well known local talent Seth Roland, who has his work showcased in Fine Woodworking.
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde