Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salt and Peppermills

Salt and Peppermills

Well got my Salt/Peppermills and peppermills done I think. I did 22 of these. These are all made from Cherry, walnut and cedar. The salt and peppermill sets are cherry for salt and walnut for pepper. All are 8" and finished with laquer. Trying to get ready for a craft fair. I am going to try one this year after not doing any for 3 yrs. If this doesn't pan out it will probably be my last. The first one I did one I barely made enough to cover my table charge and the other three didn't even make enough to cover the fees. I am just not going to try and compete with a couple of guys selling slimlines for $5 to $7, Sierras for $12, toothpick holders for $6, bowls for $10 to $12, and vases for $15. Anyway hope this goes well. Sorrry for the pictures. My wife is still working on cleaning and setting up my photo area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Antique Peppermill 6.jpg   Mini Peppermills 1.jpg   Peppermill 4.jpg   Salt and Peppermill 1.jpg   Salt and Peppermill 3.jpg  

Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

WOW you have been busy and those are just Beautiful Bernie.
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

They are are really nice. My favorite style being the one in pictures 3 and 4 from the left. I hope you have great success at your craft fair. I've never had the nerve to try one. A friend of mine does and sometime good sometimes bad. Don't know why.
    "We the People ......"

Those sure are beauties Bernie..aren't you retired??

Bernie those all look great! Different designs and woods to meet anyones taste. I like them.
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!

I like those... how do you like the little mini grinders? I made about a dozen for my booth... they get lots of attention, but haven't sold but about 3 so far... and I don't do the antique ones, but my friend here does... his are really nice and I've sold a couple for him.... the tall uprights are nice too, but I only do the crush/grind's since I tend to mis-measure the standards... rarely get one just the right size... I think my tape measure is crooked...
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

smooth work bernie! here's to both of us getting cleaned out!
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Thanks to all.

Chuck on the mini's I don't know yet. These are the first 4 I have made. Will be interesting to see how they go.

Dan hope we both do well. I am going to have a little of everything from pens, ornaments, mini birdhouses, bowls and vases along with the mills. Hopefully things will go well.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Nice stuff, Bernie! Looks like you've been busy.
    Billy B.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan

Bernie looks like you have some very nice things for sale. Some sellers I have been around will actually give things away. I'm not sure how that helps but it makes it rough for those who expect a return on our investment and time. Hope all works out for you in the sale.
    Fred
    steercreekwood.com