Salt and Peppermills

Well got my Salt/Peppermills and peppermills done I think. I did 22 of these. These are all made from Cherry, walnut and cedar. The salt and peppermill sets are cherry for salt and walnut for pepper. All are 8" and finished with laquer. Trying to get ready for a craft fair. I am going to try one this year after not doing any for 3 yrs. If this doesn't pan out it will probably be my last. The first one I did one I barely made enough to cover my table charge and the other three didn't even make enough to cover the fees. I am just not going to try and compete with a couple of guys selling slimlines for $5 to $7, Sierras for $12, toothpick holders for $6, bowls for $10 to $12, and vases for $15. Anyway hope this goes well. Sorrry for the pictures. My wife is still working on cleaning and setting up my photo area.

Attachments

• Antique Peppermill 6.jpg
    Antique Peppermill 6.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 24
  • Mini Peppermills 1.jpg
    Mini Peppermills 1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Peppermill 4.jpg
    Peppermill 4.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Salt and Peppermill 1.jpg
    Salt and Peppermill 1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Salt and Peppermill 3.jpg
    Salt and Peppermill 3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 23
They are are really nice. My favorite style being the one in pictures 3 and 4 from the left. I hope you have great success at your craft fair. I've never had the nerve to try one. A friend of mine does and sometime good sometimes bad. Don't know why.

I like those... how do you like the little mini grinders? I made about a dozen for my booth... they get lots of attention, but haven't sold but about 3 so far... and I don't do the antique ones, but my friend here does... his are really nice and I've sold a couple for him.... the tall uprights are nice too, but I only do the crush/grind's since I tend to mis-measure the standards... rarely get one just the right size... I think my tape measure is crooked...;);)

Thanks to all.

Chuck on the mini's I don't know yet. These are the first 4 I have made. Will be interesting to see how they go.

Dan hope we both do well. I am going to have a little of everything from pens, ornaments, mini birdhouses, bowls and vases along with the mills. Hopefully things will go well.

Bernie looks like you have some very nice things for sale. Some sellers I have been around will actually give things away. I'm not sure how that helps but it makes it rough for those who expect a return on our investment and time. Hope all works out for you in the sale.

Thanks again. Well hopefully it will go better than I expected. I talked with a friend of mine who helps the fair and she told me so far there are no other turners. Maybe, just maybe sales will be different this time.

Good luck in the sale Bernie. I would not give up on them to soon. I have done a couple where I was happy to get my money back and I have done a couple where I made out very well. Some times it's not what you do at the show but what happens from just being there. One thing that happened at a so so show was a order that paid over $400.00.
Dennis