Doing my part to spur economic growth

I have that little beast and have really enjoyed it. Plenty of power for what I do and my spoiled material from tearout has just become a non-issue. The factory settings are for rough lumber but, these machines are built to be adjusted for the material at hand. I backed the roller height and pressure wayyyy off and have found that I can do most everything with that setting. I now only get roller marks on softer woods and they are gone with a couple swipes from a scraper. I added a DRO as I had become used to it but, that is a personal preference. Get ready to enjoy making you own boards ;-)

Ha! Now that you don't have my pickup handy, you've had to resort to buying new tools (and having them delivered), since you don't have a way to get the used ones home anymore. :D

Seriously, congrats Mohammad! That's a great-looking planer. :thumb: Isn't that pretty much the last of the big machines your shop was lacking?

Larry, this one has the spiral cutterhead.

Vaughn, don't forget that I bought a used jointer and brought it into the shop without your pickup (which I do miss a lot BTW).:) I think this will do for a while. I do want a drum sander in the future.

...Vaughn, don't forget that I bought a used jointer and brought it into the shop without your pickup (which I do miss a lot BTW).:) I think this will do for a while. I do want a drum sander in the future.

Yeah, the jointer is probably what convinced you to get the next tool delivered. :D

Next time I get into town, I might just have a drum sander that could stand to be stored in a shop other than my own. ;)

I thought you were more into turning than flatworking, although if you make a lot of segmented turnings that will come handy. Besides as we say here " Ande o no ande caballo grande"

Which translated would be something like (free translation) No matter whether it walks or it doesn't, choose a big horse;)

Congrats for the new toy!