The Phoenix.............

I had to look at that #39 picture carefully. At first glance it looks like his arm is cross-ways to the business side of the blade. But he is OK. That is a big band saw.

Last edited:
Not that has to be incentive to go with the standard 93" or what :D

if 93" is standard, I'll most likely go with that.

[size=+1]Stu,
The 14" saw, with the riser, uses a 105" blade as standard. You might want to consider that option, too. The 93" blade will typically only allow for a 6" resaw height, while the 105" will allow 12". Food for thought...[/size]

I'll most likely be going with the 105".

Here is a poor SU drawing of the frame I'm thinking of...........

frame_drawing.jpg

Dave, don't shoot me, I'm still learning the SU program :eek:

Something like this would be fairly easy to build, and would be stout, as well as provide a box of each wheel to live in.

Thoughts?

Cheers!

stu, first thought off the top of my head is that the piece that the upper wheel will be sitting on isnt braced well enough? it looks as though you`ve drawn smaller steel for the load bearing member? the italian jobs use triangular bracing to support the wheel platform......i`ll go shoot a pic...
the mounting platform for the upper wheel is really substantial!
MVC-310S.JPG

MVC-311S.JPG

Guess I need to send you a detailed pic of the upper casting that holds the upper wheel shaft/adjuster plate.

Wait:doh: :doh:

I throwed it in my 16' trailer with other scrap iron, and all my old roof sheeting:eek:

I'll go see if its buried :huh: :eek: :dunno:

stu, first thought off the top of my head is that the piece that the upper wheel will be sitting on isnt braced well enough? it looks as though you`ve drawn smaller steel for the load bearing member? the italian jobs use triangular bracing to support the wheel platform......i`ll go shoot a pic...
the mounting platform for the upper wheel is really substantial!
View attachment 6688

View attachment 6689

......and the notch at the bottom front would have to be large enough to allow the fitting and adjusting of the lower guides. If you look at Tod's pics you will also see that the Spine is wider at the bottom than at the top for additional "Bending Strength", but this could be accomplished by cutting Two tapered strips of steel the length of the spine and welding them to the square tubing, flush with the front face and rear faces of the square tubing on the outside of the spine, (left side of the spine in Tod's pic). A small gusset in the top left corner at the front of the frame would also be good.