Rules Are Rules

Dan Mooney

The Good news:
It was a normal day in Sharon Springs, Kansas, when a Union Pacific crew boarded a loaded coal train for the long trek to Salina.

The Bad news:
Just a few miles into the trip a wheel bearing became overheated and melted, letting a metal support drop down and grind on the rail, creating white hot molten metal droppings spewing down to the rail.

The Good news:
A very alert crew noticed smoke about halfway back in the train and immediately stopped the train in compliance with Governmental Regulations.

The Bad news:
The train stopped with the hot wheel over a wooden bridge with creosote ties and trusses. When crew tried to explain to higher-ups they needed to move the train, they were instructed not to move the train because Federal Regulations prohibit moving the train when a part is defective. Well okee-dokey then, and the pictures tell the rest. As always the Government knows what is best for us.

image001.jpg
image002.jpg
image003.jpg
image004.jpg

REMEMBER, RULES ARE RULES!
Don't ever let common sense get in the way of a Government Regulation.

Well ain't that just typical:doh:

Yeah, I figured something like that, but, the fact that many of us can easily believe that such a thing could happen due to so many rules and regulations that occupy much our lives says a lot. I'm not meaning to go political here, I'm just saying that even though the story had nothing to do with stupid federal rules, no one would be surprised if the story was true.
Not meaning to start anything, just saying :D

I like Dan's version better . . . but then I tend to pick on things that set common sense aside for "higher" purposes. :D:D:D

In these days one has to contrast almost if not all news that are spread not only on the web but also on any media. If not true at all, many of them are biased in the way they are told or manipulate the spectator by not telling the context.

This is creating a lot of sceptisisim and wild reactions on people.