accountable woodworking

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Sometimes it is hard for me to get in the shop, but often times it would be very helpful. Life has been a trial lately and I need to lose myself for a few hours making some sawdust.

So here is the deal. I am going to commit to play for a while tomorrow. You are going to hold me to it by demanding accountability, maybe even a picture or two, so I do just that.

Deal?

On days like you've had, Carol, I like to clean my shop. It provides exactly the sort of measurable progress that provides both accountability and a sense of doing something. If nothing else, make a box.

Give it up, guys. I am no speed demon.

Bruce had the better idea. I had bunches of stuff I brought back from my 'vacation' of repairing the house I just sold. Three tool boxes, two pails, five wooden boxes, one plastic tub and an arm load of loose stuff, not to mention the two piles of stuff on the floor unloaded from the trailer. Two hours in, everything is put up and my impact driver turns up missing. Arrrggg! All that is left to do is replace the middle seats in the van.

Then I will play with my new IBox jig. And THEN you might get a picture. Two hours of allotted time left.

Wonder where the heck my impact driver got left. This is not good.

OK, two things.

I uncovered the car seats to put them back in van. Yet another tub to unload. Good news. Impact driver found!

Second, got the Ibox box unloaded, read the instructions, messed a bit, then went to watch the DVD. It is time for me to move on to tomorrow's sermon, but the adjustment of the miter bar still bambozzles me. The closest I can adjust it to the walls of teh dado slot on the table saw is .010. Seems awful sloppy to me. Will start a new thread to Ibox owners are alerted.

Ya really want pix of seats in the car and the found impact driver? Trust me, my back knows what I did today!

I am going to commit to play for a while tomorrow. You are going to hold me to it by demanding accountability, maybe even a picture or two, so I do just that.

Deal?

Good news. Impact driver found! :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Ya really want pix of seats in the car and the found impact driver? Trust me, my back knows what I did today!

We trust you, but you Did say we could ask for photos. :D

allen would have been done last week....

hey I didnt do anything this past week, well, except for finishing the halloween lawn decorations, made 15 feet more of crown molding for the kitchen, used alot of strips and glued up three nice thick cutting boards, and finally used some of the toy parts I purchased a while back and made 2 simple toy cars.
Besides that stuff, I didnt attack any projects.