Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IBox owners! Got a question

IBox owners! Got a question

I am trying to adjust the miter bar. Closest I can get it is .010. Seems sloppy. Any tricks to get it closer? The white washer does not turn when I tighten the screw. I have to lift it out and turn it, which I have been doing 90 at a time. Doesn't change much. What am I doing wrong?
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Hope you get an answer Carol. I just ordered mine today.
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I have one and have mixed results.. Not sure what white washer you are referring to??
    Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it
    still sings!

If I'm not mistaken the white washer might be designed to expand the more you tighten the screw. Is the center of the washer countersunk with a taper to accept the screw? If so then I think you only need to snug it down some more to snug up the bar in the slot.

@Paul - the white 'washers' in the miter bar.

@Allen - I have tightened them to the point of threatening to bend the allen wrench. No joy.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Carol Reed

Not sure what you mean, Carol. It's been a while since I set mine up, but I had no problems getting the bar to fit my miter slot perfectly. It's a bit late tonight for going back out to the shop, but I'll take a look at the bar - and the instructions - tomorrow morning, and get back to you.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Is it similar to this from incra?http://www.incra.com/manuals/GlidelockMiterBarAdd.pdf

Is there a slit in the white disc? If so it says that if it's in the opening of the bar it won't expand properly when the screw is tightened.
    Last edited by Alan Bienlein; 10-07-2012 at 02:19 AM.

That was helpful, Allen. Thanks. I didn't have the slot in the openings, but I also didn't have discs on both sides of the bar. Didn't know about that download either. What else should I know?
    ++++++

Carol Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Reed View Post
    That was helpful, Allen. Thanks. I didn't have the slot in the openings, but I also didn't have discs on both sides of the bar. Didn't know about that download either. What else should I know?
    From the sound of that, you've solved your problem?

The iBox instructions regarding the bar adjustment aren't as explicit as the reference Allen gave you, but the adjustments are exactly the same, so hopefully, you're in business now.

The bar adjustment is quite critical to successful joinery, because any play at all in the setup will be seen in the final product.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

No joy!

Finally got back to the shop for a bit and found my miter bar doesn't support adjustment buttons on both sides of the bar. Nor are there extra adjustment buttons in the packaging. Bar is still too narrow for the slot. That pdf that Allen posted wasn't included either.

Specific recourse? I bought this several months ago and am just now trying to get up to speed with it. My track record with regard to emailing customer support is pretty dismal. I am still awaiting response on several send years ago!
    ++++++

Carol Reed