HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Roger Tulk

Today is the day Canadians from sea to sea to sea gather to express their thanks for a good harvest, and pray for a mild winter, a celebration that has been carried on in England for centuries, and brought to Canada by the Anglican Church. Well, actually Canadians get together and drink beer, and if you ask them why we have this festival, about 75% will tell you it has something to do with Pilgrim Fathers and Turkeys. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and if you're Canadian, enjoy the day off! :D

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Do they celebrate it Quebec as well? I know they don't consider their "roots" English

They don't, but both English and French settlers celebrated Harvest and other thanksgivings over the centuries, so the day is known in Quebec as "jour de l'Action de Grace" (Day of the Effect of [God's] Favour). It is not celebrated in the Maritimes or Newfoundland & Labrador, but is celebrated in all the provinces from Quebec west. Federally chartered businesses and the Federal Civil Service get the day off across Canada. The date has been all over the calendar, but was given its present date by Parliament in 1957. The first recorded celebration occurred in 1578.

Hey a late Happy Thanksgiving to you too Roger and all the other Canadians. I was out camping and no signal this year. Usually get to post about it before even going but things just got way too hectic this year. :)

BTW from what i saw and heard we are to expect a bad winter this year. Lots and lots of acorns on ground and critters are scurrying around collecting and burying the loot.

Trees leaves were magnificent this year. Best i have seen in years of going camping at Thanksgiving. Turkey was done on the charcoal rotisserie this year. Nothing beats real coals for cooking.