Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Source for economical 100lb full extension draw slides .....any recommendations ?

Source for economical 100lb full extension draw slides .....any recommendations ?

I am finally getting round to being able to fix up a shop at my new place and the first order of business is to fix the draws in my old draw cabinets where i mistakingly used the cheapo kitchen slides.

So I found Woodworkers Hardware 100lb economy draw slides at pretty reasonable price. I am looking for around 22" or thereabouts and quantity of around 30 pairs gonna get all these suckers changed out had enough of them white wheels jumping rails and having to empty heavy draws to put them back.

Anyone ever used these economy units at Woodworkers Hardware.

Anyone have a better reference for a vendor with a good price for this kind of slide.

I can get them at LV here but for nearly double the cost so that lost my vote. This is for shop draws and is an upgrade over the existing slides i have.

Thanks for any and all replies

Rob
    cheers

yup, bought mine on sale for $5 a set. used them on the pull-outs in our kitchen. They've held up great. Getting ready to order some more for the vanity project. May get the rear brackets for these.

Edit: BTW...I hadn't found them any cheaper, buy them by the case (10 pack).
    Last edited by Darren Wright; 10-11-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

I got an email from Woodpeckers the other day taking pre-orders for their bulk drawer slide thing they do about annually... check it out:

http://www.woodpeck.com/eclubspecials.html
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

Rob....I have bought drawer slides here and been happy with the service and the products: http://www.wwhardware.com/drawer-and...ension-slides/
    Ken
    ------

BTW...Woodworkers hardware also has a FB promotion for 10% off...enter promo code 'FACEBOOK' (valid until the end of October)
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

How many do you need, Rob? I will be looking to part with an armload as I clean out the shop n the next month or two. For you the cost is a few hours of F2F conversation.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    So I found Woodworkers Hardware 100lb economy draw slides at pretty reasonable price. I am looking for around 22" or thereabouts and quantity of around 30 pairs gonna get all these suckers changed out had enough of them white wheels jumping rails and having to empty heavy draws to put them back.
    Woodworkers Hardware is the place to go. I've gotten a few orders of those same slides and they work great, at a great price. Fast Shipping reasonably priced. These things are heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Beam View Post
    I got an email from Woodpeckers the other day taking pre-orders for their bulk drawer slide thing they do about annually... check it out:
    http://www.woodpeck.com/eclubspecials.html
    I checked them out one time and was close to pulling the trigger, but their shipping prices were outrageous for ordering them by the case. Dang near doubled the cost just for the shipping, IIRC.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Well Woodworkers hardware is a great deal but shipping to Canada just killed the deal. Thanks for the coupon code Darren that was gonna save $20 off my lot.

Carol i am looking at 30 units and would be happy to pay you for yours even though your price is very attractive. Trouble is the shipping on these things kills it. Even tried the woodpecker deal but Brents correct the shipping they have also kills it.

Looks like the local guys have factored this into the cost again so hence the price we see at places like LV.

Gonna have to come up with another plan.

Never mentioned in my RV trip i had stopped at Grizzly in Williamsport on way down. Had planned to stop by there on the way back except time got in the way and i had to be back for a client dinner on the Sat so had no time for stopping.

I think its time for a roadtrip to Grizzly and to pick up a bunch of other things i had meant to do but time just got in the way. This time the time will be dedicated to MY shopping for MY things.

Grizzly had such a deal on a Milwaukee 3.25 router and i was stupid not to pull the trigger while in front of the offer.

Oh well such is life.
    cheers

drawerslides.com
    Human Test Dummy

Brooklin ON -- 45 mins. NE of Toronto, ON
    Rob; There is a place on Snow Blvd. in Concord. "Hettich"

I purchased all my hardware for my cabinets in the basement (no drawer slides needed). I was able to go there and look around. Very easy to deal with.

Their web site is in German. I'd recommend a call to them. I used to deal with Milton. Can't say if he's still there or not.

Another place near LV on Steeles is Berenson Cabinets. Sometimes they sell to DIYers, sometimes to the trade only.

HTH
    Mack C. in Brooklin ON
    It feels great to sell a pen,
    It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact;
    Your absence won't make a difference!

I am a proud supporter of
    "Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers"!