Source for economical 100lb full extension draw slides .....any recommendations ?

Rob Keeble

I am finally getting round to being able to fix up a shop at my new place and the first order of business is to fix the draws in my old draw cabinets where i mistakingly used the cheapo kitchen slides.

So I found Woodworkers Hardware 100lb economy draw slides at pretty reasonable price. I am looking for around 22" or thereabouts and quantity of around 30 pairs gonna get all these suckers changed out had enough of them white wheels jumping rails and having to empty heavy draws to put them back.

Anyone ever used these economy units at Woodworkers Hardware.

Anyone have a better reference for a vendor with a good price for this kind of slide.

I can get them at LV here but for nearly double the cost so that lost my vote. This is for shop draws and is an upgrade over the existing slides i have.

Thanks for any and all replies

Rob

yup, bought mine on sale for $5 a set. used them on the pull-outs in our kitchen. They've held up great. Getting ready to order some more for the vanity project. May get the rear brackets for these.

Edit: BTW...I hadn't found them any cheaper, buy them by the case (10 pack).

Last edited:
How many do you need, Rob? I will be looking to part with an armload as I clean out the shop n the next month or two. For you the cost is a few hours of F2F conversation.

So I found Woodworkers Hardware 100lb economy draw slides at pretty reasonable price. I am looking for around 22" or thereabouts and quantity of around 30 pairs gonna get all these suckers changed out had enough of them white wheels jumping rails and having to empty heavy draws to put them back.

Woodworkers Hardware is the place to go. I've gotten a few orders of those same slides and they work great, at a great price. Fast Shipping reasonably priced. These things are heavy.

I got an email from Woodpeckers the other day taking pre-orders for their bulk drawer slide thing they do about annually... check it out:
http://www.woodpeck.com/eclubspecials.html

I checked them out one time and was close to pulling the trigger, but their shipping prices were outrageous for ordering them by the case. Dang near doubled the cost just for the shipping, IIRC.

Well Woodworkers hardware is a great deal but shipping to Canada just killed the deal. Thanks for the coupon code Darren that was gonna save $20 off my lot.

Carol i am looking at 30 units and would be happy to pay you for yours even though your price is very attractive. Trouble is the shipping on these things kills it. Even tried the woodpecker deal but Brents correct the shipping they have also kills it.

Looks like the local guys have factored this into the cost again so hence the price we see at places like LV.

Gonna have to come up with another plan.

Never mentioned in my RV trip i had stopped at Grizzly in Williamsport on way down. Had planned to stop by there on the way back except time got in the way and i had to be back for a client dinner on the Sat so had no time for stopping.

I think its time for a roadtrip to Grizzly and to pick up a bunch of other things i had meant to do but time just got in the way. This time the time will be dedicated to MY shopping for MY things. :)

Grizzly had such a deal on a Milwaukee 3.25 router and i was stupid not to pull the trigger while in front of the offer. :bang:

Oh well such is life.

Rob; There is a place on Snow Blvd. in Concord. "Hettich"

I purchased all my hardware for my cabinets in the basement (no drawer slides needed). I was able to go there and look around. Very easy to deal with.

Their web site is in German. I'd recommend a call to them. I used to deal with Milton. Can't say if he's still there or not.

Another place near LV on Steeles is Berenson Cabinets. Sometimes they sell to DIYers, sometimes to the trade only.

HTH

rob, before you start paying for shipping, speak with the local lumberyard.
My yard only sells by the carton, but its 10 sets per carton, and his prices were cheaper than any website.

I am finally getting round to being able to fix up a shop at my new place and the first order of business is to fix the draws in my old draw cabinets where i mistakingly used the cheapo kitchen slides...
[...]
had enough of them white wheels jumping rails and having to empty heavy draws to put them back.

Where did you get yours, Rob?
I've used LVT kitchen slides in all my shop drawers and I've never had them jump the rails...
(To be fair, most of my drawers are in the 4-5" depth range, so they don't get excessively heavy weight.)

yeah, I have the cheap home depot white kitchen slides in all my shop drawers, and I never had a problem with any of them, and my shop drawers are packed, some packed with hardware.

Well Rob I hate to say it but you may want to check the install of them slides before you go shelling out the jing for new ones. The cheap slides don't have much in the way for forgiveness when it comes to box to opening size. If they say a half inch they mean a half inch not 5/8 and the slides have to be running true to each other.

Come'on, Rob. You know you want my slides. I'm sure I have 30 of them. Flights into Las Vegas are among the least expensive into anywhere. Can't count that against the cost of the slides. They're free. Well, conversation is expected! I think the weight limit per suitcase is 50 pounds. Southwest allows two 'free' bags. I have old suitcases. :D

That said, I think I bought them at http://www.cshardware.com/

Failing your acceptance of my offer, I think I will go out and make drawers for my new tool trailer. With box joints, of course. :)

Come'on, Rob. You know you want my slides. I'm sure I have 30 of them. Flights into Las Vegas are among the least expensive into anywhere.

Just for fun, Carol, I checked Spirit airlines from Detroit to LV and I was able to get it as cheap as $88.79 one way if you're in something called the "$9 fare club", whatever that is.
:thud::thud::thud::thud::thud:

Those prices are just nuts!

Well Carol just for fun i looked up a flight to Las Vegas. Sure if one is situated on the US side of the border then one can get good fares but from my part of this world its just under $500 to Vegas and thats mid week best deal 3 day stay. Thats one heck of a lot more than the difference on 30 draw slides shipped from US versus good ole LV never mind how fast i can have them.

But all is not lost a Vegas trip is in the offing. I want to show Linda the crazy place. :) I had way more of the place than i can handle for a lifetime but Linda aint see it at all.

Hope we get down your way before you move to some place far away from that area with your diesel pusher. :) BTW i cannot get that idea out of my head. Thank goodness i got a wife that can nail me down. Life is too short to live in one place for too long.

Well Carol just for fun i looked up a flight to Las Vegas. Sure if one is situated on the US side of the border then one can get good fares but from my part of this world its just under $500 to Vegas and thats mid week best deal 3 day stay. Thats one heck of a lot more than the difference on 30 draw slides shipped from US versus good ole LV never mind how fast i can have them.

But all is not lost a Vegas trip is in the offing. I want to show Linda the crazy place. :) I had way more of the place than i can handle for a lifetime but Linda aint see it at all.

Rob,

I suggest you check into flying out of Buffalo (closer than Detroit for you). I'm guessing it is about 2hr drive from your place down to the Buffalo airport. You can probably find dozens of hotels there that will give you a cheap night + let you park your car there for free for the duration of the trip. Might be cheaper than those flights out of Toronto.