Incra 1000 HD miter

Tony Baideme

Hi friends,

I have some fairly critical miters to cut so I finally gathered my funds and ordered one of the Incra 1000 HD miters. Went through Amazon and the price was $30 less than Rockler, and free shipping.

Now I can't wait to get my hands on it. (The anticipation)

I will let you know what I think Vaughn. I know you like yours a lot.

Alpha, Tony

Well Bob and Vaughn. Mine came and it is a pretty sturdy built unit. I followed instructions for assembly and adjustment, but I found a couple deficiencies in it. My veriner doesn't fit flush with the protractor (because it seems the pivot actuator sits too high and holds the vernier way above the protractor) and it's hard to get accurate readings. Also, the fence mounting bracket was not formed properly (less than 90 degrees) and Incra's "Tip" for squaring the fence to the saw table top, would take a lot more than a piece of paper for a shim.

Other than that, I think I like it. I am contacting the maker for help with this. I know I can make any corrections in the parts but I don't want to void any warranty.

The miter cuts I made for trial were very accurate, and fit well. The flip shop stop was good for making the double end miters to the exact same length. I am happy with my purchase.

Just thought I would pass this along.

Aloha.

I received a telescoping fence part that was not a good fit. I emailed them and after a clarifying exchange to assure they knew which piece I was talking about, new parts arrived poste-haste. If the steel face is not correctable, I would ask it to be replaced, I don't want to find out the shim material has failed 'after' I make a critical cut ;-) Dealing directly with Incra, I have always gotten top notch service/response.

Thanks for sharing your experience Toni. I wonder just how well quality control is being performed by Incra. The other day Carol had issues with her new Ibox jig. I dont think either of you are inexperienced so it says something to me. Maybe just coincidence but i expect more for the premium they want for their kit.

In all fairness to Incra, Rob, I would not hesitate to buy another item from them. The product is very good. The customer service top notch. The confusion was mine, though a small change in the instructions would have solved that for me, but then that is me. I got to talk to a real person who spoke my language who stayed on the phone with me and talked me through the necessary adjustments. He didn't treat me like an idiot. He was patient, polite, even a little funny. I do not know what else a company can do to earn business. So please don't read something into my experience with them. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the jig. It was the person holding the screwdriver!

Sorry to see you've run into issues with yours, Tony. I'm sure the Incra folks will take care of things for you. :thumb: