New 'Shop' Build

Good advice, Rob. I noticed Toyota has a smart type car. I didn't know that Fiat did. I wonder who else does. More research!

I started looking at the used market for trailers. Firs thing I noticed in nationwide Craigslist is that the southeast prices are about a third less than southwest prices. Yet more research!

There are a lot of Fiat 500 cars popping up around here in Ontario, Carol. I guess Fiat has made a push here. Seems like there are a couple dealers in LV, so the car is certainly available. (Fiat USA)
As for me, I just think "Luigi!" (from the movie Cars) every time I see one...

The Scion IQ is probably somewhat equivalent. Is that the TOyota one you mean? I don't know of an actual Toyota-brand teeny car.

Teeny car. I like that! Yes, the Toyota is the Scion IQ. I have seen one locally. Looks very much like the Smart Car. But I haven't researched it yet.

My hauler just delivered the loaded 16' cargo trailer from Arizona. I've gotten about 3' in. That's enough for one day. He told me what he charges and he is reasonable so I can do at least the western half of the United States for the trailer search. So from the Pacific to the Mississippi. Looking for a 20-24' x 8 1/2' wide x higher than 6 1/2' interior V-nose trailer. Used preferably and a steal. Would you guys watch your local markets for me? Has to be a car hauler type cargo trailer (think beefier all around) with a ramp style back door and a side door as well. Another exterior door in the nose is a bonus. No color preference, but the more neutral, the better. Dirty is OK, but tires need to at least get it here. I just bought a set of trailer tires. That was a $700 event! Don't want to repeat it. :eek: :doh:

Order of events preferably. Sell the 20' cargo trailer with barn doors in the back.

Acquire the motorhome. Preferably a diesel pusher from middle to late nineties, under $40K. One slide, thru basement storage, at least 300 hp, and a few other goodies.

Remodel motorhome to some extent to create a home office.

Acquire 'new' to me V-nose trailer.

Sell 16' cargo trailer.

Sell 5x8 open flat trailer.

Build out the shop trailer.

Big yard sale -tools!

Some of these things will be happening concurrently. If you are interested in something, PM me.

Time frame goal - end of this year. :eek: :rofl: Seriously! :thumb:

Hey, this is going to be a fun thread to follow! The first thing that came go mind for me was a series of French cleats running all around. That would give you the option to reconfigure your storage solutions for either travel (to fit the car) or for work. Cabinets could move easily enough, and you can always find a local high school kid to do the heavy lifting for a few bucks whenever you need to reconfigure.

--dave

Cleats are an idea I have considered, Dave. But thanks for the reminder. As for finding a high school kid for a few bucks, maybe in your part of the world. In my part of the world ten bucks an hour brings a huge ho-hum! Been that way for years. When they find out you need them for real labor, they disappear very quickly. As one to me not long ago, "You mean I actually have to DO something?" The cut on my chin from my jaw dropping is healing slowly. Sad.

WooHoo!!! Just made an appointment to go look at a motorhome tomorrow! Sounds like it has most of the things I was looking for. I will bring my camera in case I have something to brag about later. Now to go hunt up a creeper to borrow. Stay tuned!

Be sure to take your camera, because I'd like to see the look on the seller's face when this little ol' preacher lady gets out a creeper and starts checking out the underside of the motorhome like a pro. :D

WooHoo!!! Just made an appointment to go look at a motorhome tomorrow! Sounds like it has most of the things I was looking for. I will bring my camera in case I have something to brag about later. Now to go hunt up a creeper to borrow. Stay tuned!

WOOHOO, this is gonna be fun:D they don't know what's bout to hit them!!!

Ok now i am starting to feel like Toni and i speak english as a first language. Whats a creeper?? In my language its a plant that grows up against the house. In cricket sporting terms its a ball running along the ground. I dont see any connection with a Motorhome purchase. And the internets answers are well not something i would think you would be looking to find in your midst so i will pass on those.

I am with Vaughn heck who wants photos this is a time for full multimedia video and sound. It wont just be the guys expressions it will be the sounds he makes too that i wanna hear. :)

Good luck on the deal making. :thumb:

now the comment on the folks wanting to sell it was down right funny:) would love t be close enough to see this myslef:)

you mentioned school kids needing more than 10$ a hour to do something ,if that is the case what does it take to get someone to work part time for someone down there?

Last edited: