Hearing protection for children?

Charles Hans

Does anyone know of a source for hearing protection (Muffs) that fit children? My six year old grandson want's a pair, and so far I have not been able to find a smaller size.
He tries to wear mine, but they won't stay on him.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have hearing muffs for our gun range, they have two bands that go over your head, one has a slot in it. They reduce all the way down to our 19 month old granddaughter wearing them comfortably. CJ has a pair of bright orange STIHL muffs that his dad bought for him at a yard sale. He even wears them when shooting his nerf guns in the house!

I have the squishy foam ones in the truck for emergency shooting or when I forget the muffs. Don't have the kids wear them as I don't want to condition them at a real young age of putting stuff in their ears. Just me though on that one train of thought.

I have hearing muffs for our gun range, they have two bands that go over your head, one has a slot in it. They reduce all the way down to our 19 month old granddaughter wearing them comfortably.

+1 on what Jonathan said.

I bought three of these from Lee Valley years ago. They've never fallen off the kids. In fact the spring action is quite strong.
22r1501s2.jpg

And of course the nice thing is that they are useable for all ages (and head sizes...)

+1 on what Jonathan said.

I bought three of these from Lee Valley years ago. They've never fallen off the kids. In fact the spring action is quite strong.
View attachment 70951

And of course the nice thing is that they are useable for all ages (and head sizes...)

I got two pair for my girls from Lee Valley as well, back in the day, I think I donated them to someone here once my daughters outgrew them.