I'm baaaaaaaack

Cynthia i never thought you left. :) It was pointed out to me way way back in my early foray into the forum that life gets in the way sometimes so i think we all understand.

As to opening the box, well you better than me. It would have burnt a hole in my head if i had not taken a peak. :rofl:

So how is the workshop doing. How is Brian aka Glassman doing with his shop? How has your logs of wood turned out? Questions questions questions...Got any new tools to show off?

Hows the kids and your eyes?

See you never left. Welcome back.:thumb::wave:

Wow. Thank you so much for the warm welcome back. I couldn't believe how many kind replies I got to this thread when I looked this morning. :eek:

In answer to a few of the questions, yes, I did have cataract surgery in both eyes, one in January and one in March. I had a few complications with the first one that made me pretty nervous, but it's all resolved now, and the second one went fine. So I can see great now. :thumb:

Tools? I haven't added anything big since I was here last. I got a palm router, and a few more planes (which I still don't know how to use all that great). :huh: I spent most of the summer outside nursing a bunch of new trees that I planted.

Son came to visit for a couple of months :) and daughter has left for grad school. Had a couple of funerals and a couple of weddings.....

I actually moved some saws outside to work in the sun occasionally and use the fresh air and grass method of dust collection. My spalted maple is drying well, and I'm using some now for the first time in a table I'm building. First table ever, and I'm sure some of you will grimace when you see some of the things I'm doing, but oh well, experience is a great teacher....along with you folks....:D ;)

Thank you for the warm greeting,
cynthia