Hilarious Video about Halloween Candy

I laughed last year at that also, but I still think some parents are just cruel to their kids to get a laugh.
I remember when I was a kid walking from the time I got out of school until 8 at night.
We used to go into peoples homes where they baked halloween cookies and cupcakes, sit down, have a glass of milk, then go to the next house. Its incredible how things have changed.
Then Id get home, and seperate all the stuff I disliked, handed it off to my parents, or my siblings, or sometimes used it to trade with my siblings to get what I wanted.
Candy was a currency as good as gold when you went trick or treating and you were 5 y/o.(Id cry also if someone told me they depleted my investment portfolio)

I used to have to monitor my son, because he would hide candy under his mattress, in his pillowcase, all over his room, outside, whereever we wouldnt find it.
Hed get on sugar highs wed have to hold him on the ground.
I now give out 90% trinkets, toys, etc.......only keep candy for the older kids who dont want a 50 cent toy.

I don't find anything hilarious about that video. Even if the parents did it as a joke and told them otherwise afterward, it betrays the parent/child trust. It's those kinds of incidents that kids will never forget.

MikesMasterLogo2.gif

movingplane1.gif

you can certainly see the feeling of betrayal and distrust on the little girl that blurts out, youre ugly to her father.
she didnt know what to say, so she used the only thing she had at the time.
Im not sure if this kind of stuff would permanently scar kids.
they get teased horribly in school.

I'm very sorry to anyone who took offense at the video. I never dreamed it would create a stink. In my defense, I played lots of jokes on my kids, and if I'd seen a reaction like that, I would have said, "I'm joking, I'm joking, don't be upset, here's your candy." And they also played tons of jokes on me, things that sometimes made my heart sink, followed by the same sort of quote. In fact, it was one of my kids who sent me the video and told me she thought it was so funny, she watched it 3 times.

I asked a moderator to remove the video.

I didn't watch the video based on the comments here. I know too many people who grew up in abusive households, including me. I, and they carry scars into adulthood. As a minister, I work with the results of that everyday. It takes a lot of work to grow to be a happy and functional human being. It much harder for those who were handicapped with ambushes to their sense of worth.

I am happy your children found it non-threatening. They sound OK to me, but thanks for asking to have it taken down, Cynthia. We are a much better place when we care about the sensitivities of others.

didn't get a chance to see the video (drat!drat!drat!):pullhair:, but the one thing that scarred my halloweens for about the last 40 some odd years, was a friend of my grandfather's (lived across the street), had a rather large pumpkin (carved into a scary jack o lantern), lit with a 100 watt light bulb (first time seeing that), and he had a speaker set up behind it. he would scare the giblets:bonkers::eek:(at least i thought they were giblets) out of us kids, by making it look like the jack o lantern was talking to us (he was watching from a window:peek:, so he could tailor what he was saying). yup, for the last 40 some odd years, i've been rather reluctant to approach any jack o lantern, large or small....