Hand Hewn bowls and other things made

Paul Gallian

In Memoriam
A little background -- Some of you may know that I have good days and some bad.... pain and depression (may be the same thing). Spend Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday in bed - I would get up for awhile then back to bed.... not good for me or my wife Melissa..

Melissa got upset with me as she should have been and made me get up and take her to a arts/craft show about 75 miles away -- the trip was beautiful -autumn fall tree colors (Ozark mountain -- hills, curvy roads and COLOR)

Several turners offering pens, boxes, bowls, pendants etc. many other wood workers showing their wares.. Along with all of the Art and craft items 99% made by the vendor very little imported stuff.

The vendor -- craftsmanship that was the best that I have ever seen was a man demonstrating hewing bowls, platters, spoons etc. see photos.. Skill skill skill.
All local woods. hope you enjoy as much as did watching him work.
paul

Attachments

• hand h3 copy.jpg
    hand h3 copy.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 48
  • hand h2 copy.jpg
    hand h2 copy.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 49
  • hand h1 copy.jpg
    hand h1 copy.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 47
Jay --- NOT War Eagle -- I will not go back to War Eagle again - the quality of the crafts has gone down hill.
This show is at Bella Vista AR. same weekend as the War Eagle show.

The young man working to my knowledge does not have a website (not on his card) -- His name is Aesa Jarvis
His skill is outstanding.. I could watch for hours and ask 1000 question-- from cracks prevention to wood types and on and on.

Jay,

Open friday and saturday -- it would be well worth the trip.. Melissa and I spent more than we should have but Christmas presents for family are now finished.

Last edited:
That was really interesting. Those are good looking bowls. I hope he sells enough of them for a high enough price that he can afford to keep making them.

Enjoy,

JimB

Change of subject. As far back as when I was in high school I would get bouts of depression. Somehow or another I learned to literally force myself to go do something if I started getting depressed (go to a movie, go hiking, take a lady out to dinner and a show, or anything else that got my mind off of it and away from the bed). I would absolutely hate getting started on whatever I did. However, I would do it because I knew I would feel so much better. It worked for me. Give it a try even though you will think of a hundred reasons not to do it...do it anyway. Lots of luck to you.