Glue for Outside Projects

A birdhouse would be about the only thing I would use gorilla polyurethane glue on. But truth is, nails work just fine. Get a cheap pin nailer and nail to your hearts content.

west system. I have had tb3 come apart after a time. another that works well is PL urethane construction adhesive. it comes in a 10 oz caulking tube. for small parts I will squeeze some out onto a scrap and use a stick to apply to both sides. The nice thing about the PL is it is very very thick and wont run. the trick is NOT to clean up the joint until after it dries then you can just cut the bead with a razor blade or chisel. it holds like crazy. I use that over many other adhesives for several reasons. 1 holding power 2 ease of clean up 3 gap filling qualities 4 it remains flexible to enough of an extent to ride the joint during seasonal changes and changes in humidity. wear nitrile or latex gloves. tools clean up easy with paint thinner

I sometimes use TB 2 for outside work that is not subject to puddles. Bird houses should be fine with TB2 - I have even made cutting boards with TB Original, without problem - just don't let them soak. I worry about any glue on outdoor furniture where a puddle may form, such as in the seat of a chair.

I, too, love PL Urethane construction - far better than Gorilla glue. I don't count on gap filling, though, since the foam that fills the gap is not very strong. The spout in the glue tube seems to plug quickly, so I then punch a small hole in the calking tube, near the spout end, and use the remainder from that part of the tube - a new hole each time I need some. I just rebuilt an exterior door, and when I was done, there were some small hollow areas that I filled with PL glue, counting on it expanding to keep water out.