Wanted Jet 1642 Insert

Mike Turner

I need another insert (1 1/4 x 8 tpi) to use on Nova G3 for my Jet 1642. I was just checking to see if anyone had one they might not be using anymore and they wanted to sell...I want the name brand one...Thanks ! If not Ill just put it on my to buy list.

Last edited:
Um...an insert. :D The 1 1/4 x 8 tpi and Nova G3 in the original post were pretty much the dead giveaways. ;) A Google search for "1 1/4 x 8 tpi insert" or "Nova G3 insert" will even show pictures of said item. :)

Forget who I actually bought from. But I got for my Griz through Amazon. Might have been PSI. :eek: Oops. You don't like them. Oh, well. Mine have been fine.:dunno:

Oh!!! :thud: Spelled 'a-d-a-p-t-e-r' in Arkansas. ;)

Man, those Arky-ites have a different word for everything. :D Actually, I've used the term "adapter" more than "insert" myself. :)

...Might have been PSI. :eek: Oops. You don't like them. Oh, well. Mine have been fine.:dunno:

My main issue with PSI is the lack of consistency in their quality control. I've got too much experience being on the wrong side of that equation, but I'm glad to see yours has worked well for you. :thumb: If there is a runout problem with a chuck adapter, it might not even be perceptible on smaller diameter work, but it'll show up bigtime on a larger piece like a 14" bowl.

Mike, on the Nova G3 chucks, you're smart in wanting to get the Teknatool brand adapter. I've seen and heard too many cases of other brands of adapters having runout problems on Nova chucks. That includes the ones from Woodcraft. ;)