In the nick of time

Bob Gibson

My DW733 is on it's last legs. It has been a dependable work horse for 7 or 8 years and I have no complaints. It still works OK but can't handle the amount of rough stuff like it used too

I decided to bite the bullet and get the DW735. Lowes has them (no accessory kit) for $599.00 less my 10% employee discount would be $539.00. Not the best price around but it's local and I'm supporting my store. For some reason I didn't feel like going out today so I figured I just go out tomorrow morning and get it. My son would be around to lift the box out of the truck and put it on my planer stand for me.

The mailman comes and there is a flyer from Rockler. The planer is on sale for $579.00, plus a free accessory kit, and a free DeWalt palm router.:bounce::highfive:

Sometimes things just work out :)

Oh ya, the family room will still be cool in the winter. I'm spending the portable heater money :D I'll post the 733 on CL and use that money for the heater....or maybe not:saythat:

Geeze bob,
I wish that
a) you were closer
b) I had the money to buy the 733 & tune it up

My 734 is in the shop, but I'd love a 733, and even a refurbished 733 beats 'new' import steel, according to the shop owner I'm dealing with.