Thread: looking for some wolf info

looking for some wolf info

has anyone here ever seen the aftermath of wolf kill? we were lucky to have come across one that was made in the night, and found it the next am.. and it was amazing at what wasnt there.. so i am looking for someone that has seen one and to hear there observations, then will reveal mine.. they never made a sound all night long.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Did you get a Wolf kill permit Larry. I seen picks from my photographer friend he took in Yellowstone. The carnage is awesome on a Elk.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

I saw lots of moose/wolf kills in alaska...not much left of the moose...and wolf tracks as big as my hand. Anecdotally, I heard that the old timers would cover a knife with blood and make a 'bloodsickle' to imbed in the ground near a fresh kill...point up. The wolves would lick the bloody knife and some would cut their tongues badly enough to bleed to death, leaving a blood trail to their bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    I saw lots of moose/wolf kills in alaska...not much left of the moose...and wolf tracks as big as my hand. Anecdotally, I heard that the old timers would cover a knife with blood and make a 'bloodsickle' to imbed in the ground near a fresh kill...point up. The wolves would lick the bloody knife and some would cut their tongues badly enough to bleed to death, leaving a blood trail to their bodies.
    Bloodsickle would be an awesome name for a band.

Playing the easy hits from the '70s, '80s, and '90s.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

sounds like this one sorta ted,, they left half of the shoulder blade bone, 3" of rib bone and the contents of the stomach and 8" of small intestine and a bit of hair ,,lots of blood stain but that was it.. hide and everything was gone and they left one pile of scat with hair and bone in it.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Glad we don't have wolves in Arkansas, or nearby states in Ozarks. Although some coyotes get large enough to be confused with wolves. Many old timers refer to 'yotes as wolves.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    Glad we don't have wolves in Arkansas, or nearby states in Ozarks. Although some coyotes get large enough to be confused with wolves. Many old timers refer to 'yotes as wolves.
    My step father used to talk about the "wolves" getting his calves once in a while... down in east Texas, I'm sure they were coyotes or else a pack of dogs on the loose.... don't think Freestone County as seen a true wolf in about 100 years.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.