A new project. Display fixtures for a local pro shop.
It's been a busy day and I'm tired, but I got something accomplished today and that feels good. The day started out with talking to the client and discussing dimensions and ideas. The middle portion of the day was procuring materials. The last part of the day was spent fabricating the prototype. It's about 75% finished now but I'm tired so I'm going to hang it up and watch football and baseball for the rest of the evening.
The good news is that they had originally asked for two of these units, but it looks like I'll probably end up making four of them. They are clothing displays for the local skateboarding pro shop. They are 3x3 cube cubby units. The cubes are 13" square and 16" deep. I think they're going to like them and now that I know that it works, the next three should go pretty quickly. I only spent about 4 hours going from two sheets of 1/2" MDF to this so that's not too bad.
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"